ELIZABETH A SOLIDAY
Affiliation: Washington State University
- Expressive writing intervention for adolescents' somatic symptoms and moodElizabeth Soliday
Department of Psychology, Washington State University at Vancouver, 98696, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 33:792-801. 2004..Expressive writing shows promise as a cost-efficient intervention to address the emotional concerns of young adolescents; further work with clinical populations may lead to even more robust results...
- Behavioral effects of corticosteroids in steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndromeE Soliday
Department of Psychology, Washington State University at Vancouver, Vancouver, Washington 98686, USA
Pediatrics 104:e51. 1999..The objective of this study was to define the frequency and severity of steroid-related behavioral side effects in children with steroid-sensitive idiopathic nephrotic syndrome (SSNS) during treatment for relapse...
- Psychosocial adjustment in children with kidney diseaseE Soliday
Psychology and Human Development, Washington State University, Vancouver 98686, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 25:93-103. 2000..To examine family environment, levels of parenting stress, and child behavior problems in children with one of three kidney diseases compared to healthy children and to examine predictors of psychological distress in the full sample...
- Family environment, child behavior, and medical indicators in children with kidney diseaseE Soliday
Psychology Program, WSU Vancouver, 14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave, Vancouver, WA 98686, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 31:279-95. 2001..Nontraditional family structure predicted higher number of prescribed medications. Results are discussed as they relate to a stress and resistance framework, need for research on direction of effect, and clinical recommendations...
- Daily reports and pooled time series analysis: pediatric psychology applicationsElizabeth Soliday
Washington State University, Vancouver, WA 98686, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 27:67-76. 2002..We discuss specific applications for this procedure in analyzing repeated observations for a small sample, including medication effects, caregiving role strain, pain reports, and treatment effects...
- Family structure and the course of steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndromeElizabeth Soliday
Department of Psychology, Washington State University at Vancouver, 14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave, Vancouver, WA 98686, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 17:41-4. 2002..003). We conclude that children with SSNS from nontraditional homes may be at risk for more relapses compared with children from traditional families. Heightened support and monitoring is necessary for these children...
- Impact of a breast cancer diagnosis on adult children's cognitive and emotional coherenceJohn P Garofalo
Departmentof Psychology, Washington State University Vancouver, WA 98686 9600, USA
J Psychosoc Oncol 27:25-41. 2009..Albeit preliminary, findings supported study hypotheses and argue that this construct may represent an important mediator of distress as well as a pivotal target for psychosocial intervention...
- Steroid Effects in Pediatric ALL PatientsElizabeth Soliday; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will contribute to the knowledge of steroids' effects and the predictors thereof so that prophylactic interventions to improve quality of life can be advanced. ..