Juan B Pena
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- US cultural involvement and its association with suicidal behavior among youths in the Dominican RepublicJuan B Pena
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Am J Public Health 102:664-71. 2012..We examined how US cultural involvement related to suicide attempts among youths in the Dominican Republic...
- Immigration generation status and its association with suicide attempts, substance use, and depressive symptoms among latino adolescents in the USAJuan B Pena
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St Louis, 1 Brookings Drive, Campus Box 1196, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Prev Sci 9:299-310. 2008..46, 5.34) times more likely to engage in repeated other drug use than were first-generation youth. Results from the path analysis indicated that repeated other drug use may mediate the effect of generation status on suicide attempts...
- Co-occurring risk behaviors among White, Black, and Hispanic US high school adolescents with suicide attempts requiring medical attention, 1999-2007: implications for future prevention initiativesJuan B Pena
Washington University in St Louis, One Brookings Drive, CB 1196, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 47:29-42. 2012..To examine the relationship between these subtypes and having had two or more suicide attempts during the past year. To explore race and gender differences across subtypes of suicide attempters...
- Familism, family environment, and suicide attempts among Latina youthJuan B Pena
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St Louis, MO, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 41:330-41. 2011..The results suggest that familism may protect against suicide behavior among Latinas via its influence on family environment...
- Family Relationships and Latina Teen Suicide Attempts: Reciprocity, Asymmetry, and DetachmentLauren E Gulbas
Dartmouth College and Center for Latino Family Research, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St Louis
Fam Soc 92:317-323. 2011..Clinicians may reduce the likelihood of an attempt or repeated attempts by raising mutual, reciprocal exchanges of words and support between parents and daughter...
- Familism, parent-adolescent conflict, self-esteem, internalizing behaviors and suicide attempts among adolescent LatinasJill A Kuhlberg
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St Louis, Campus Box 1196, One Brookings Drive, St Louis, MO 63130 4899, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 41:425-40. 2010..Reducing parent-daughter conflict and fostering closer family ties has the added effect of improving self-esteem and shrinking the likelihood of suicide attempts...