Julian P Meeks
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- An ex vivo preparation of the intact mouse vomeronasal organ and accessory olfactory bulbJulian P Meeks
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8108, 660 S Euclid Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63110, United States
J Neurosci Methods 177:440-7. 2009..These results demonstrate the utility of whole mount ex vivo preparations for studying sensory processing in the AOS, and suggest that similar strategies may improve experimental access to other difficult-to-study neural circuits...
- Action potential initiation and propagation in CA3 pyramidal axonsJulian P Meeks
Dept of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Neurophysiol 97:3460-72. 2007..Our work defines the dynamics of initiation and propagation in hippocampal principal cell axons and may help reconcile recent controversies over initiation site in other axons...
- Representation and transformation of sensory information in the mouse accessory olfactory systemJulian P Meeks
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:723-30. 2010..Most VSN excitation patterns were also observed in the AOB, but excitation by estradiol sulfate processing streams was rare, suggesting AOB circuit organization is specific to the biological relevance of sensed cues...
- Functional organization of glomerular maps in the mouse accessory olfactory bulbGary F Hammen
1 Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA 2 MD PhD Program, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Nat Neurosci 17:953-61. 2014..Maps to a panel of sulfated steroid odorants identified tightly juxtaposed groups that were disparately tuned and dispersed groups that were similarly tuned. These results reveal a modular, nonchemotopic spatial organization in the AOB. ..
- Action potential fidelity during normal and epileptiform activity in paired soma-axon recordings from rat hippocampusJulian P Meeks
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Physiol 566:425-41. 2005..Such changes in axonal propagation properties could encode information and/or serve as an endogenous brake on seizure propagation...
- Glial Maintenance of Local K+ and NeurotransmissionJULIAN MEEKS; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will determine the functional relevance of KIRs in hippocampal astrocytes and provide new insight into the role of KIRs in passive [K+]o buffering. ..