Affiliation: Washington State University
- A novel approach to identify driver genes involved in androgen-independent prostate cancerEllyn N Schinke
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Washington State University, Spokane, WA 99210 1495, USA
Mol Cancer 13:120. 2014..Here, we utilized a replication-incompetent lentiviral vector (LV) to perform an insertional mutagenesis screen to identify genes in the progression to androgen-independent prostate cancer (AIPC)...
- Amelioration of behavioral abnormalities in BH(4)-deficient mice by dietary supplementation of tyrosineSang Su Kwak
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, South Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e60803. 2013..The present study proposes that brain mTORC1 signaling pathway is one of the potential targets in understanding abnormal motor behaviors associated with BH4-deficiency...
- Diet, nutrients, phytochemicals, and cancer metastasis suppressor genesGary G Meadows
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, P O Box 646510, Pullman, WA 99164 6510, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 31:441-54. 2012..The review addresses this area of research as well as the current state of knowledge regarding the impact of diet, dietary components, and phytochemicals on metastasis suppressor genes...
- Specific amino acid deficiency alters the expression of genes in human melanoma and other tumor cell linesG G Meadows
Cancer Prevention and Research Center, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6510, USA
J Nutr 131:3047S-50S. 2001..This study shows that tumor cells display heterogeneity in their response to deprivation of Tyr and Phe and that these amino acids may be signaling molecules that regulate gene expression and function in tumor cells...
- MECHANISMS OF DIETARY MODULATION OF MELANOMA INVASIONGARY MEADOWS; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Inland Northwest Cancer ConferenceGARY MEADOWS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The 2004 conference entitled "Bridging the Gap, Breakthroughs in Cancer Care and Research" will be held on November 12th and 13th at the Davenport Hotel in Spokane, WA. ..
- MECHANISM OF THYMIC ATROPHY INDUCED BY ALCOHOLGARY MEADOWS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long term objective of this research is to understand the mechanism underlying the loss in thymic cellularity induced by high alcohol consumption and to determine the reversibility of this effect. ..
- TARGETS OF AMINO ACID RESTRICTION IN PROSTATE CANCERGary G Meadows; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research could serve as the basis for future development of more specific antimetastatic, anti-invasive, apoptosis-based therapies for human prostate cancer. ..
- Mechanisms on metastasis and survival in alcoholic miceGary G Meadows; Fiscal Year: 2010..Flow cytometric and ELISA assays will be used to determine lymphocyte populations, surface and intracellular marker expression, cytokine producing cells, and cytokine concentrations. ..