Affiliation: Washington State University
- Findings from a nursing student CPR study: implications for staff development educatorsSuzie Kardong-Edgren
College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane, WA 99210 1495, USA
J Nurses Staff Dev 28:9-15. 2012..Findings indicate that even with monthly practice and accurate voice-activated manikin feedback, some students could not perform CPR correctly. Implications of these findings for staff educators are discussed...
- Cultural competence of baccalaureate nursing facultySuzan Kardong-Edgren
Washington State University, Intercollegiate College of Nursing, 2917 W Fort George Wright Drive, Spokane, WA 99224 5291, USA
J Nurs Educ 46:360-6. 2007..Immersion or working in another culture were the most frequently cited methods of increasing cultural comfort...
- The integration of simulation into a clinical foundations of nursing course: student and faculty perspectivesSuzan E Kardong-Edgren
Washington State University, USA
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 5:Article26. 2008..However, there was universal support concerning the use of repetitive practice of foundational skills to enhance learning outcomes...
- Using a wiki in nursing education and researchSuzan E Kardong-Edgren
Washington State University, USA
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 6:Article6. 2009..Potential uses of a wiki in nursing education and research are discussed in this paper. One team's use of a wiki in a large multisite nursing education study is reported...
- Student adoption and perception of lecture podcasts in undergraduate bachelor of science in nursing coursesSuzan Kardong-Edgren
Washington State University, Spokane, Washington, USA
J Nurs Educ 49:398-401. 2010..Students reported that podcasts helped them study and improved their grades. Faculty reported increased class absenteeism, although students reported no change in course attendance as a result of the availability of podcasts...
- Cultural competency of graduating BSN nursing studentsSuzan Kardong-Edgren
Washington State University College of Nursing, Spokane, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 31:278-85. 2010..These results suggest that no one curricular approach is proving to be more effective than another in achieving essential cultural competency...
- Reporting inquiry in simulationSuzie Kardong-Edgren
Washington State University College of Nursing, 103 E Spokane Falls Blvd, Spokane, WA 99210 1495, USA
Simul Healthc 6:S63-6. 2011..We provide guidance for deciding whether an inquiry has reached the level of development required for publication in a peer-reviewed journal and conclude with a discussion of what most journals view as inquiry acceptable for publication...
- Cultural competency of graduating US Bachelor of Science nursing studentsSuzan Kardong-Edgren
Intercollegiate College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane WA, USA
Contemp Nurse 28:37-44. 2008..Results indicate that these 212 graduating nursing students scored only in the culturally aware range, as measured by the IAPCC-R, regardless of what program model they attended...
- Cultural attitudes, knowledge, and skills of nursing faculty toward patients from four diverse culturesSuzan Kardong-Edgren
University of Texas at Arlington School of Nursing, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
J Prof Nurs 21:175-82. 2005..Findings suggest that cultural exposure opportunities enhance faculty-perceived confidence in knowledge and attitudes toward people from other cultures...