Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- TransplantationAlbert Faro
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University in St Louis, Campus Box 8116, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA Electronic address
Pediatr Clin North Am 63:709-34. 2016..This article reviews the indications and complications of lung and liver transplantation in children with CF. ..
- Lung transplantation for pulmonary fibrosis in dyskeratosis congenita: Case Report and systematic literature reviewNeelam Giri
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Clinical Genetics Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville 20852, MD, USA
BMC Blood Disord 11:3. 2011..Pulmonary fibrosis is a progressive and lethal complication of DC...
- American Society of Transplantation executive summary on pediatric lung transplantationA Faro
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Transplant 7:285-92. 2007..This consensus statement reviews the experience in the field of pediatric lung transplantation and highlights areas that deserve further investigation...
- Lower incidence of bronchiolitis obliterans in pediatric liver-lung transplant recipients with cystic fibrosisAlbert Faro
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Transplantation 83:1435-9. 2007..We characterize the outcomes of pediatric patients who underwent this procedure at our institution...
- Pre-transplant mechanical ventilation increases short-term morbidity and mortality in pediatric patients with cystic fibrosisArnon Elizur
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:127-31. 2007..Although CF is a risk factor for poor outcomes in adults, no data currently exist pertaining to pre-transplant ventilatory support in children with CF...
- Lung transplantation in infants and toddlers from 1990 to 2004 at St. Louis Children's HospitalA Elizur
Division of Allergy and Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Transplant 9:719-26. 2009..Further insights into the unique immunologic aspects of this group of patients may elucidate strategies to prevent acute and chronic rejection in all age groups...
- The use of multiple transbronchial biopsies as the standard approach to evaluate lung allograft rejectionAlbert Faro
Division of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Box 100296, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:322-8. 2004..The significance of subclinical rejection in lung transplantation is unknown. Randomized, controlled trials are required to determine if multiple surveillance TBB, can impact the incidence of obliterative bronchiolitis...
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in pediatric lung transplantationVarun Puri
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 140:427-32. 2010..Effectiveness of preoperative and postoperative extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support in pediatric lung transplantation was studied...
- Effect of azithromycin on pulmonary function in patients with cystic fibrosis uninfected with Pseudomonas aeruginosa: a randomized controlled trialLisa Saiman
Columbia University, Department of Pediatrics, 650 W 168th St, PH 4 West, Room 420, New York, NY 10032, USA
JAMA 303:1707-15. 2010..Azithromycin is recommended as therapy for cystic fibrosis (CF) patients with chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection, but there has not been sufficient evidence to support the benefit of azithromycin in other patients with CF...
- Variability in standard care for cytomegalovirus prevention and detection in pediatric lung transplantation: survey of eight pediatric lung transplant programsLara A Danziger-Isakov
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, MO, USA
Pediatr Transplant 7:469-73. 2003..A retrospective analysis among these centers is being conducted to evaluate the efficacy of these approaches...
- Special considerations in pediatric lung transplantationAudrey Wells
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy and Pulmonary Medicine, Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 27:552-60. 2006..Survival rates are similar between adult and pediatric transplant recipients. Support for collaborative studies is critical if we are to improve long-term outcomes for our young patients...
- Not so fast--don't deprive children with cystic fibrosis of the option for lung transplantationStuart C Sweet
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:246-7; author reply 247-8. 2006
- Increased mortality after pulmonary fungal infection within the first year after pediatric lung transplantationLara A Danziger-Isakov
Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 27:655-61. 2008..Risk factors, morbidity and mortality from pulmonary fungal infections (PFIs) within the first year after pediatric lung transplant have not previously been characterized...
- Pediatric lung transplantation: literature review 2006-2007Christian Benden
Division of Pulmonary Medicine and Lung Transplantation, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Pediatr Transplant 12:266-73. 2008..This review summarizes 16 important original articles published in peer-reviewed journals in 2006 and 2007. This review article is intended to be comprehensive, however, not exhaustive...