Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Current methods for loading dendritic cells with tumor antigen for the induction of antitumor immunityYaling Zhou
Northwest Biotherapeutics, Incorporated, Bothell, Washington 98021, USA
J Immunother 25:289-303. 2002..This review provides a brief summary on these methods, the techniques used in these methods, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each method...
- Dendritic cells efficiently acquire and present antigen derived from lung cancer cells and induce antigen-specific T-cell responsesYaling Zhou
Vaccine Research and Development Division, Northwest Biotherapeutics Inc, 21720 23rd Drive SE, Suite 100, Bothell, WA 98021, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 52:413-22. 2003..Our results demonstrate the feasibility of using lung tumor cell-loaded DC to induce immune responses against lung cancer-associated antigens and support ongoing efforts to develop a DC-based lung cancer vaccine...
- Hepatitis C virus E2 envelope protein induces dendritic cell maturationY Zhou
Department of Clinical Investigation, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
J Viral Hepat 14:849-58. 2007..Taken together, our results demonstrated that E2 protein is able to induce dendritic cell maturation and suggested that E2 protein may play an important role in regulation of immune responses during HCV infection...
- Varicella zoster virus--specific immune response after treatment with sodium stibogluconate for cutaneous leishmaniasisIn Kyu Yoon
Allergy and Immunology Division, Department of Clinical Investigation, and Infectious Disease Division, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20307 5100, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 78:402-5. 2008..Lymphocyte proliferative responses to VZV and other antigens and mitogens did not change from baseline. The mechanism for the increased rate of VZV reactivation after treatment with sodium stibogluconate remains undefined...
- Regulatory T cells and viral infectionsYaling Zhou
Department of Clinical Investigation, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Front Biosci 13:1152-70. 2008..This review discusses recent progress in our understanding of the role of virus-induced CD4+ CD25+ Treg cells and the mechanisms by which they are induced and exert their function during infection...
- Cloning and characterization of murine 1-acyl-sn-glycerol 3-phosphate acyltransferases and their regulation by PPARalpha in murine heartBiao Lu
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0T6
Biochem J 385:469-77. 2005..Finally, mRNA expression of cardiac mAGPAT3 appeared to be regulated by PPARalpha activation. We conclude that cardiac mAGPAT activity may be regulated by both the composition of mAGPAT isoforms and the levels of each isoform...