Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Evaluation of orally delivered ST-246 as postexposure prophylactic and antiviral therapeutic in an aerosolized rabbitpox rabbit modelAysegul Nalca
Center for Aerobiological Sciences, U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases USAMRIID, Fort Detrick, MD, United States
Antiviral Res 79:121-7. 2008..e., survival was 67% and 33%, respectively. This work suggests that ST-246 is a very potent antiviral compound against aerosolized rabbitpox in rabbits and should be investigated for further development for all orthopoxvirus diseases...
- Reemergence of monkeypox: prevalence, diagnostics, and countermeasuresAysegul Nalca
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Maryland, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:1765-71. 2005..This has led to fears that monkeypox virus could be used as a bioterrorism agent. Effective prevention relies on limiting the contact with infected patients or animals and limiting the respiratory exposure to infected patients...
- A characterization of aerosolized Sudan virus infection in African green monkeys, cynomolgus macaques, and rhesus macaquesElizabeth E Zumbrun
Center for Aerobiological Sciences, US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Maryland 21702, USA
Viruses 4:2115-36. 2012..Overall, the results indicate that the disease course after exposure to aerosolized SUDV is similar for all three species of NHP...
- Development of a murine model for aerosolized ebolavirus infection using a panel of recombinant inbred miceElizabeth E Zumbrun
Center for Aerobiological Sciences, U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases USAMRIID, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, Maryland 21702, USA
Viruses 4:3468-93. 2012..Preliminary quantitative trait loci (QTLs) were identified that are likely to harbor genes involved in modulating differential susceptibility to Ebola infection...
- Proteomic basis of the antibody response to monkeypox virus infection examined in cynomolgus macaques and a comparison to human smallpox vaccinationSarah Keasey
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e15547. 2010....
- Evaluation of the efficacy of modified vaccinia Ankara (MVA)/IMVAMUNE against aerosolized rabbitpox virus in a rabbit modelNicole L Garza
Center for Aerobiological Sciences, US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702, United States
Vaccine 27:5496-504. 2009..This study shows that IMVAMUNE can be a very effective vaccine against aerosolized RPXV...
- Application of the Ibis-T5000 pan-Orthopoxvirus assay to quantitatively detect monkeypox viral loads in clinical specimens from macaques experimentally infected with aerosolized monkeypox virusRebecca J Grant
U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1301 Ditto Avenue, Fort Detrick, MD 21702, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:318-23. 2010..This platform provides a new tool for the diagnosis and monitoring of orthopoxviral loads during vaccine or antiviral studies, but also could provide rapid identification during natural outbreaks or bioterrorism attacks...
- Rabbitpox: a model of airborne transmission of smallpoxAysegul Nalca
Center for Aerobiological Sciences, US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Maryland, USA
J Gen Virol 92:31-5. 2011..This model can therefore be utilized to test drugs and vaccines against variola virus and other aerosolized orthopoxviruses...
- Aerosol exposure to Rift Valley fever virus causes earlier and more severe neuropathology in the murine model, which has important implications for therapeutic developmentChristopher Reed
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases USAMRIID, Fort Detrick, Maryland, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2156. 2013....
- ACAM2000: the new smallpox vaccine for United States Strategic National StockpileAysegul Nalca
Center for Aerobiological Sciences, US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, MD 21702, USA
Drug Des Devel Ther 4:71-9. 2010..This review of ACAM2000 addresses the production, characterization, clinical trials, and adverse events associated with this new smallpox vaccine...
- Antiviral activity of CHO-SS cell-derived human omega interferon and other human interferons against HCV RNA replicons and related virusesVictor E Buckwold
Veracity Biotechnology, LLC, 401 Rosemont Avenue, Third Floor Rosenstock Hall, Frederick, MD 21701, USA
Antiviral Res 73:118-25. 2007..The activation of these additional TFs by glycosylated IFN-omega might contribute to its high potency...
- Subunit recombinant vaccine protects against monkeypoxJean Michel Heraud
Animal Models and Retroviral Vaccines Section, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 177:2552-64. 2006..Their identification may guide future efforts to develop simpler, safer, and more effective vaccines for monkeypox and smallpox...
- Smallpox vaccine-induced antibodies are necessary and sufficient for protection against monkeypox virusYvette Edghill-Smith
Animal Models and Retroviral Vaccines Section, National Cancer Institute, 41 D804, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Med 11:740-7. 2005..Thus, vaccines able to induce long-lasting protective antibody responses may constitute realistic alternatives to the currently available smallpox vaccine (Dryvax)...
- Antiviral activity of serum from the American alligator (Alligator mississippiensis)Mark E Merchant
Department of Chemistry, McNeese State University, Box 90455, Lake Charles, LA 70609, USA
Antiviral Res 66:35-8. 2005..HIV-1 antiviral action was heat-sensitive, and thus possibly due to the action of serum complement, while the anti-WNV and anti-HSV-1 activities were not heat labile and thus probably not complement mediated...
- Smallpox vaccine does not protect macaques with AIDS from a lethal monkeypox virus challengeYvette Edghill-Smith
Animal Models and Retroviral Vaccines Section, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Infect Dis 191:372-81. 2005..Thus, vaccination strategies that bypass CD4(+) cell help are needed to elicit IgG antibodies with high affinity and adequate tissue distribution and to restore protection against smallpox in severely immunocompromised individuals...
- Antiviral activity of hop constituents against a series of DNA and RNA virusesVictor E Buckwold
Infectious Disease Research Department, Southern Research Institute, 431 Aviation Way, Frederick, MD 21701, USA
Antiviral Res 61:57-62. 2004..These hop constituents might serve as interesting lead compounds from which more active anti-HCV, anti-Rhino and anti-herpesvirus antiviral agents could be synthesized...
- Cell proliferation and apoptosis are altered in mice deficient in the NF-kappaB p50 subunit after treatment with the peroxisome proliferator ciprofibrateJob C Tharappel
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Toxicol Sci 75:300-8. 2003..These data indicate that NF-kappaB contributes to the proliferative and apoptotic changes that occur in the liver in response to ciprofibrate...