Genomes and Genes
Ronald W Matheny
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Enhanced Akt phosphorylation and myogenic differentiation in PI3K p110β-deficient myoblasts is mediated by PI3K p110α and mTORC2Ronald W Matheny
Military Performance Division, US Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, 15 Kansas Street, Building 42, Natick, MA 01760, USA
Growth Factors 30:367-84. 2012..These data demonstrate that reductions in p110β are associated with agonist-specific Akt hyperactivation and accelerated myogenesis, thus revealing a negative role for p110β in Akt activation and during myoblast differentiation...
- Minireview: Mechano-growth factor: a putative product of IGF-I gene expression involved in tissue repair and regenerationRonald W Matheny
U S Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Military Performance Division, 15 Kansas Street, Building 42, Natick, Massachusetts 01760, USA
Endocrinology 151:865-75. 2010..Additionally, the role of MGF in satellite cell activation, aging, neuroprotection, and signaling will be discussed. A survey of outstanding questions relating to MGF will also be provided...
- Loss of IGF-IEa or IGF-IEb impairs myogenic differentiationRonald W Matheny
United States Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Military Performance Division, Natick, Massachusetts 01760, USA
Endocrinology 152:1923-34. 2011..Collectively, these data suggest that IGF-I splice variants may regulate myoblast differentiation through the actions of mature IGF-I and not the E peptides...
- Bone formation is suppressed with multi-stressor military trainingJulie M Hughes
Military Performance Division, United States Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, 15 Kansas Street, Building 42, Natick, MA, 01760, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 114:2251-9. 2014....
- Lysophosphatidic acid-stimulated phosphorylation of PKD2 is mediated by PI3K p110β and PKCδ in myoblastsChristine M Lynch
US Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Military Performance Division, Natick, MA 01760, USA
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 33:41-8. 2013....
- Role of phosphoinositide 3-OH kinase p110β in skeletal myogenesisRonald W Matheny
Military Performance Division, U S Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Natick, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 35:1182-96. 2015..These findings reveal a role for p110β during myogenesis and demonstrate that long-term reduction of skeletal muscle p110β impairs whole-body glucose tolerance without affecting skeletal muscle size or strength in old mice. ..
- Recovery of endocrine and inflammatory mediators following an extended energy deficitPaul C Henning
Military Performance Division P C H, D E S, B A S, J S S, R W M, B C N, U S Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Natick, Massachusetts 01760 Madigan Healthcare System M A S, Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington 98431 and Sections of Endocrinology S B, Diabetes, and Nutrition, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02118 and Army Institute of Public Health Army Public Health Command B C N, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland 21010
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:956-64. 2014..Due to current operational requirements, elite soldiers deploy quickly after completing arduous training courses. Therefore, it is imperative that endocrine and inflammatory mediators have fully recovered...