Russ S Kotwal
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Army Ranger casualty, attrition, and surgery rates for airborne operations in Afghanistan and IraqRuss S Kotwal
Army Navy Aerospace Medicine Residency, Naval Operational Medicine Institute, Pensacola, FL 32508, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 75:833-40. 2004..S. Army Rangers during combat operations in order to identify risk factors attributed to static-line parachute injuries and provide a comparison to estimated attrition rates...
- An outbreak of malaria in US Army Rangers returning from AfghanistanRuss S Kotwal
Army Navy Aerospace Medicine Residency, Naval Operational Medicine Institute, Pensacola, Fla 32508, USA
JAMA 293:212-6. 2005..With numerous US military personnel currently deployed throughout the world, military and civilian health care professionals may encounter imported malaria from this population...
- Central retinal vein occlusion in an Army Ranger with glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiencyRuss S Kotwal
75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Benning, GA 31905, USA
J Spec Oper Med 9:59-63. 2009..This case underscores the continued need for routine G6PD screening and avoidance of known triggers in G6PD-deficient individuals...
- Eliminating preventable death on the battlefieldRuss S Kotwal
US Army Special Operations Command, 2929 Desert Storm Dr, Fort Bragg, NC 28310, USA
Arch Surg 146:1350-8. 2011..To evaluate battlefield survival in a novel command-directed casualty response system that comprehensively integrates Tactical Combat Casualty Care guidelines and a prehospital trauma registry...
- Central retinal vein occlusion in an Army ranger with glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiencyRuss S Kotwal
75th Ranger Regiment, 6420 Dawson Loop, Fort Benning, GA 31905, USA
Mil Med 174:544-7. 2009..This case underscores the continued need for routine G6PD screening and avoidance of known triggers in G6PD-deficient individuals...
- Safety and efficacy of oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate for prehospital pain control on the battlefieldIan S Wedmore
US Army Austere and Wilderness Medicine Fellowship, Madigan Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:S490-5. 2012..This study evaluates the safety and efficacy of OTFC in the prehospital battlefield environment...
- A novel pain management strategy for combat casualty careRuss S Kotwal
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Ann Emerg Med 44:121-7. 2004....