Jeff W Chou
Affiliation: Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Discernment of possible mechanisms of hepatotoxicity via biological processes over-represented by co-expressed genesJeff W Chou
Biostatistics Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
BMC Genomics 10:272. 2009..However, there are no straightforward ways of using co-expressed genes anchored to a phenotype or constrained by the experimental design for discerning mechanisms of a biological response...
- Extracting gene expression patterns and identifying co-expressed genes from microarray data reveals biologically responsive processesJeff W Chou
Microarray Group, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:427. 2007..The approach utilizes the underlying structure of gene expression data to extract patterns and identify co-expressed genes that are responsive to experimental conditions...
- Comparative toxicogenomic responses of mercuric and methyl-mercuryMatthew K McElwee
Laboratory of Toxicology and Pharmacology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, 111 T, W Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, P, O, Box 12233, 27709 Durham, NC, USA
BMC Genomics 14:698. 2013..Mercury is a ubiquitous environmental toxicant that exists in multiple chemical forms. A paucity of information exists regarding the differences or similarities by which different mercurials act at the molecular level...
- Sexually dimorphic actions of glucocorticoids provide a link to inflammatory diseases with gender differences in prevalenceDanielle Duma
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, MD F3 07, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Sci Signal 3:ra74. 2010..These gender-specific actions of glucocorticoids in liver were substantiated in vivo with a sepsis model of systemic inflammation...
- Systematic variation normalization in microarray data to get gene expression comparison unbiasedJeff W Chou
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Bioinform Comput Biol 3:225-41. 2005..Biologically meaningful comparisons of gene expression patterns between control and test channels or among multiple arrays are therefore unbiased using normalized but not unnormalized datasets...