Affiliation: Wadsworth Center
- Methylmercury-induced changes in mitochondrial function in striatal synaptosomes are calcium-dependent and ROS-independentAnne Dreiem
New York State Department of Health, Wadsworth Center, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Neurotoxicology 28:720-6. 2007....
- Thiophene is toxic to cerebellar granule cells in culture after bioactivation by rat liver enzymesAnne Dreiem
Norwegian Defence Research Establishment, Division for Protection and Materiel, P O Box 25, N 2027 Kjeller, Norway
Neurotoxicology 25:959-66. 2004..These findings support the hypothesis that thiophene requires metabolism to produce the ultimate toxicant, and that the cytochrome P450 enzyme system is involved in the metabolism...
- Organic solvent-induced cell death in rat cerebellar granule cells: structure dependence of c10 hydrocarbons and relationship to reactive oxygen species formationAnne Dreiem
Norwegian Defence Research Establishment, Kjeller, Norway
Neurotoxicology 26:321-30. 2005..The significance of ROS formation in relation to cell death is discussed...
- The effects of methylmercury on mitochondrial function and reactive oxygen species formation in rat striatal synaptosomes are age-dependentAnne Dreiem
New York State Department of Health, Wadsworth Center, Albany, New York, 12201, USA
Toxicol Sci 87:156-62. 2005..These age-dependent differences in susceptibility to MeHg are most likely due to a less efficient ROS detoxifying system and lower activity of mitochondrial enzymes in tissue from young animals...
- Methylmercury inhibits dopaminergic function in rat pup synaptosomes in an age-dependent mannerAnne Dreiem
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 31:312-7. 2009..These results demonstrate that MeHg affects the dopaminergic system during early development; it thus may contribute to the neurobehavioral effects seen in MeHg-exposed children...
- Polychlorinated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers alter striatal dopamine neurochemistry in synaptosomes from developing rats in an additive mannerAnne Dreiem
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York 12201, USA
Toxicol Sci 118:150-9. 2010..Because the effects of these contaminants are additive, it is necessary to take into account the cumulative exposure to organohalogen contaminants such as PCBs and PBDEs during risk assessment...
- Involvement of the extracellular signal regulated kinase pathway in hydrocarbon-induced reactive oxygen species formation in human neutrophil granulocytesAnne Dreiem
Norwegian Defence Research Establishment, Division for Protection and Materiel, Kjeller, Norway
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 190:102-10. 2003..Based on these findings we propose a mechanism involving tyrosine kinases, PI3 kinase, and the ERK1/2 pathway, leading to activation of the NADPH oxidase and production of ROS in neutrophils stimulated by organic solvents...