- Hyperbilirubinemia and kernicterusSteven M Shapiro
Division of Child Neurology, Department of Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, 23298 0211, USA
Clin Perinatol 33:387-410. 2006....
- Chronic bilirubin encephalopathy: diagnosis and outcomeSteven M Shapiro
Divisions of Child Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, Department of Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA 23298 0211, USA
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 15:157-63. 2010..Proposed research definitions for kernicterus diagnosis in infants from 3 to 18 months are reviewed, as are treatments of auditory and motor deficits and other complications of bilirubin encephalopathy...
- Auditory impairment in infants at risk for bilirubin-induced neurologic dysfunctionSteven M Shapiro
Division of Child Neurology, Department of Neurology, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23298 0211, USA
Semin Perinatol 35:162-70. 2011..Intervention, including cochlear implants can be effective...
- Dystonia in an Animal Model of KernicterusSteven Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings from the proposed research should lead to new insights into the pathophysiology and treatment of secondary kernicteric dystonia and other secondary dystonias in humans. ..
- BILIRUBIN TOXICITY IN THE AUDITORY SYSTEMSteven Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings of the proposed research should lead to improved noninvasive procedures for predicting, preventing, and treating the neurological and audiological complications of bilirubin toxicity in human newborns. ..