Genomes and Genes
GEORGE F MOXLEY
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Sexual dimorphism in innate immunityGeorge Moxley
McGuire VAMC, Richmond, VA 23249, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:250-8. 2002..To establish whether variation in innate immunity, as measured by the level of tumor necrosis factor (TNF) in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated whole-blood culture, is related to sex or HLA...
- Genetic studies, clinical heterogeneity, and disease outcome studies in rheumatoid arthritisGeorge Moxley
Department of Internal Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 28:39-58. 2002..Nevertheless, HLA influences are generally weak enough so as to require large study subject numbers for detection. As a result, HLA genotyping has restricted usefulness for prediction of clinical severity in individual patients...
- HLA DMA and DMB show no association with rheumatoid arthritis in US CaucasiansG Moxley
The Medical Service, Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23249, USA
Eur J Immunogenet 28:539-43. 2001..084 compared to 0.01 for DMB*0103). Thus, neither HLA DMA nor DMB was associated with RA in this population, and not all shared-epitope-bearing haplotypes had the same DMB allele distribution...
- Association of erosive hand osteoarthritis with a single nucleotide polymorphism on the gene encoding interleukin-1 betaA G Stern
Rheumatology Section, Hunter Holmes McGuire Veteran Affairs Medical Center and the Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11:394-402. 2003..This study was undertaken to assess the association of primary OA of the hand (hand OA) with IL-1 region markers...
- Polymerase chain reaction-based genotyping for allotypic markers of immunoglobulin kappa shows allelic association of Km with kappa variable segmentG Moxley
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0263
Genomics 13:104-8. 1992..5-kb allele and Km(1,2). Therefore, Km typing by PCR-based methods suggests the presence of allelic association between polymorphisms within the coding region of the C kappa segment and the nearest V kappa segment...
- Sex influences on the penetrance of HLA shared-epitope genotypes for rheumatoid arthritisJ M Meyer
Department of Human Genetics, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
Am J Hum Genet 58:371-83. 1996..This study therefore suggests that sex-related factors influence the RA penetrance associated with DRB1 shared-epitope genotypes and that DRB1 effects on RA prognosis and pathogenesis should be considered separately for men and women...
- Potential influence of IL1B haplotype and IL1A-IL1B-IL1RN extended haplotype on hand osteoarthritis riskG Moxley
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:1106-12. 2007..To assess osteoarthritis (OA) association with the human interleukin-1 (IL-1) region...
- Interleukin-1 region meta-analysis with osteoarthritis phenotypesG Moxley
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0263, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 18:200-7. 2010..Several research groups have examined osteoarthritis (OA) association with Interleukin-1 (IL-1) region markers and haplotypes. The results have been suggestive for hand OA, negative for knee OA, and conflicting for hip OA...