Carol VanDeusen Lukas
- Transformational change in health care systems: an organizational modelCarol VanDeusen Lukas
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research, Department of Veterans Affairs, and Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 32:309-20. 2007..S. health care system. Six years later, many health care organizations have embraced the report's goals, but few have succeeded in making the substantial transformations needed to achieve those aims...
- Implementation of a clinical innovation: the case of advanced clinic access in the Department of Veterans AffairsCarol VanDeusen Lukas
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research, Department of Veterans Affairs 152M, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 31:94-108. 2008..Among the strongest predictors of successful implementation, management support for the innovation and clinic team knowledge and skills to make changes successfully were significant across both primary care and specialty clinics...
- Team effectiveness and organizational context in the implementation of a clinical innovationCarol VanDeusen Lukas
Department of Veterans Affairs, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 18:25-39. 2009..The study examined the relationship between care delivery team effectiveness, management support, organizational culture, and the extent of implementation of a clinical innovation...
- Strengthening organizations to implement evidence-based clinical practicesCarol VanDeusen Lukas
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research, Department of Veterans Affairs, Boston, MA, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 35:235-45. 2010....
- Survey-assessed quality and organizational factors related to quality in Pursuing Perfection hospitalsMichael Shwartz
Center for Organization, Leadership, and Management Research, VA Boston Healthcare System, School of Management, Boston University, 595 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 19:349-63. 2010....
- Monitoring the progress of system integrationCarol VanDeusen Lukas
Management Consultation Program, HSR and D Management Decision and Research Center, Department of Veterans Affairs and Health Services Department, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 10:1-11. 2002..Linking the survey results with network performance measures, in turn, provides managers with tools for judging whether system integration is associated with improved system performance...
- Predicting healthcare employees' participation in an office redesign program: attitudes, norms and behavioral controlDavid C Mohr
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research, Department of Veterans Affairs, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Implement Sci 3:47. 2008....
- Building Systemwide Improvement Capability: Does an Organization's Strategy for Quality Improvement Matter?Lauren P Babich
Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts Drs Babich, Charns, McIntosh, Lerner, Burgess, and VanDeusen Lukas and Ms Stolzmann and Departments of Family Medicine Dr Babich and Health Law, Policy, and Management Drs Charns, Burgess, and VanDeusen Lukas, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
Qual Manag Health Care 25:92-101. 2016..To investigate this, our study examined how the primary focus of grant-funded QI efforts relates to (1) key measures of grant success and (2) organization-level measures of success in QI and organizational learning...
- Comprehensive programs for preventing pressure ulcers: a review of the literatureAndrea Niederhauser
Boston University School of Public Health, Massachusetts, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 25:167-88; quiz 189-90. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine the evidence supporting the combined use of interventions to prevent pressure ulcers (PrUs) in acute care and long-term-care facilities...