JASON JOSEPH WINNICK
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Liver glycogen loading dampens glycogen synthesis seen in response to either hyperinsulinemia or intraportal glucose infusionJason J Winnick
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Diabetes 62:96-101. 2013..These data indicate that liver glycogen loading impairs glycogen synthesis regardless of the signal used to stimulate it...
- Short-term aerobic exercise training in obese humans with type 2 diabetes mellitus improves whole-body insulin sensitivity through gains in peripheral, not hepatic insulin sensitivityJason J Winnick
School of Physical Activity and Educational Services, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:771-8. 2008..Short-term aerobic exercise training can improve whole-body insulin sensitivity in humans with type 2 diabetes mellitus; however, the contributions of peripheral and hepatic tissues to these improvements are not known...
- A physiological increase in the hepatic glycogen level does not affect the response of net hepatic glucose uptake to insulinJason J Winnick
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6015, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E358-66. 2009..These data indicate that an acute physiological increase in the hepatic glycogen content does not alter liver glucose uptake and storage under hyperglycemic/hyperinsulinemic conditions in the dog...
- Hepatic glycogen supercompensation activates AMP-activated protein kinase, impairs insulin signaling, and reduces glycogen deposition in the liverJason J Winnick
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Diabetes 60:398-407. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine how increasing the hepatic glycogen content would affect the liver's ability to take up and metabolize glucose...
- Portal infusion of escitalopram enhances hepatic glucose disposal in conscious dogsZhibo An
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 607:251-7. 2009..Its use in individuals with diabetes may, therefore, result in improved glycemic control...
- Resistance training differentially affects weight loss and glucose metabolism of White and African American patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusJason J Winnick
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Ethn Dis 18:152-6. 2008....