Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- A common CNR1 (cannabinoid receptor 1) haplotype attenuates the decrease in HDL cholesterol that typically accompanies weight gainQiping Feng
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e15779. 2010..Mean HDL-C levels were 45±10, 47±10, and 48±9 mg/dL, respectively. The H3 CNR1 haplotype appears to exert a protective effect against development of obesity-related dyslipidemia...
- Knowledge-driven multi-locus analysis reveals gene-gene interactions influencing HDL cholesterol level in two independent EMR-linked biobanksStephen D Turner
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19586. 2011..These results demonstrate that gene-gene interactions modulate complex human traits, including HDL cholesterol...
- Rank-based genome-wide analysis reveals the association of ryanodine receptor-2 gene variants with childhood asthma among human populationsLili Ding
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Hum Genomics 7:16. 2013..We performed genome-wide association studies on 859,790 SNPs genotyped in 527 affected offspring trios of European, African, and Hispanic ancestry using publically available asthma database in the Genotypes and Phenotypes database...
- The clinical pharmacogenomics implementation consortium: CPIC guideline for SLCO1B1 and simvastatin-induced myopathyR A Wilke
Oates Institute for Experimental Therapeutics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 92:112-7. 2012..This guideline explores the relationship between rs4149056 (c.521T>C, p.V174A) and clinical outcome for all statins. The strength of the evidence is high for myopathy with simvastatin. We limit our recommendations accordingly...
- Mapping genes that predict treatment outcome in admixed populationsT M Baye
Division of Asthma Research, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 10:465-77. 2010....
- High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol: leveraging practice-based biobank cohorts to characterize clinical and genetic predictors of treatment outcomeR A Wilke
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 11:162-73. 2011..As these biobanks combine resources, the clinical community is in a position to characterize lipid-related treatment outcome on an unprecedented scale...
- The emerging role of electronic medical records in pharmacogenomicsR A Wilke
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:379-86. 2011..This review explores each of these translational mechanisms within a historical framework...