Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Brief Report: Development of a Robotic Intervention Platform for Young Children with ASDZachary Warren
Department of Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Special Education, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders, Vanderbilt University, 230 Appleton Pl, Nashville, TN, 37206, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 45:3870-6. 2015....
- Can Robotic Interaction Improve Joint Attention Skills?Zachary E Warren
Departments of Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Special Education, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 45:3726-34. 2015..The results highlight both potential benefits of robotic systems for directed intervention approaches as well as potent limitations of existing humanoid robotic platforms...
- Accuracy of phenotyping children with autism based on parent report: what specifically do we gain phenotyping "rapidly"?Zachary Warren
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Autism Res 5:31-8. 2012..These data support the continued need of expert clinical validation in combination with rapid phenotyping procedures in order to accurately amass large-scale genetic collections of children with ASD...
- Neurocognitive and behavioral outcomes of younger siblings of children with autism spectrum disorder at age fiveZachary E Warren
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center TRIAD, Vanderbilt University, 230 Appleton Pl, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:409-18. 2012..These results highlight the importance of following sibling risk groups over an extended time period and employing measures targeting broader aspects of development...
- A training model for the diagnosis of autism in community pediatric practiceZachary Warren
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 30:442-6. 2009....
- A systematic review of early intensive intervention for autism spectrum disordersZachary Warren
Vanderbilt University, 230 Appleton Place PMB 74, Nashville, TN 37203 5721, USA
Pediatrics 127:e1303-11. 2011..Early intensive behavioral and developmental interventions for young children with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) may enhance developmental outcomes...
- Medications for adolescents and young adults with autism spectrum disorders: a systematic reviewDwayne Dove
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Pediatrics 130:717-26. 2012..The goal of this study was to systematically review evidence regarding medication treatments for individuals between the ages of 13 and 30 years with ASD...
- Understanding how adolescents with autism respond to facial expressions in virtual reality environmentsEsubalew Bekele
EECS Department, Vanderbilt University, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 19:711-20. 2013..These results will be used in the future for an online adaptive VR-based multimodal social interaction system to improve emotion recognition abilities of individuals with ASD...
- Assessing the utility of a virtual environment for enhancing facial affect recognition in adolescents with autismEsubalew Bekele
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, 518 Olin Hall 2400 Highland Avenue, Nashville, TN, 37212, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 44:1641-50. 2014....
- Predicting language and social outcomes at age 5 for later-born siblings of children with autism spectrum disordersELIZABETH MALESA
Vanderbilt University, USA
Autism 17:558-70. 2013..Although the Sibs-ASD group had lower joint attention scores than the Sibs-TD group at younger ages, significant group differences were not found for most measures at age 5...
- The behavioral phenotype in MECP2 duplication syndrome: a comparison with idiopathic autismSarika U Peters
Departments of Pediatrics and Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Autism Res 6:42-50. 2013..Our results illustrate that overexpression/increased dosage of MECP2 is related to core features of ASD...
- A systematic review of vocational interventions for young adults with autism spectrum disordersJulie Lounds Taylor
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Pediatrics 130:531-8. 2012..This study systematically reviewed evidence regarding vocational interventions for individuals with ASD between the ages of 13 and 30 years...
- Design of a gaze-sensitive virtual social interactive system for children with autismUttama Lahiri
Mechanical Engineering Department, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 19:443-52. 2011..The results in terms of improvement in behavioral viewing and changes in relevant eye physiological indexes of participants while interacting with VIGART indicate the potential of this novel technology...
- Brief report: Service implementation and maternal distress surrounding evaluation recommendations for young children diagnosed with autismZachary Warren
Vanderbilt University, USA
Autism 17:693-700. 2013....
- A systematic review of medical treatments for children with autism spectrum disordersMelissa L McPheeters
465 21st Ave S, 7158 Medical Research Building III, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Pediatrics 127:e1312-21. 2011..Many medical treatments for ASDs have been proposed and studied, but there is currently no consensus regarding which interventions are most effective...
- Expression of the broad autism phenotype in simplex autism families from the Simons Simplex CollectionJulie Davidson
Departments of Pediatrics and Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, 230 Appleton Place, PMB 74, Nashville, TN, 37203, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 44:2392-9. 2014..Implications include the need for multiple informants, and the assessment of distinct BAP traits in large-scale genetic studies of individuals with ASD. ..
- Positive Affect Processing and Joint Attention in Infants at High Risk for Autism: An Exploratory StudyAlexandra P Key
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development and Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences, Vanderbilt University, 230 Appleton Place, PMB 74, Nashville, TN, 37203, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 45:4051-62. 2015..Exploratory analyses found associations between ERP responses and later joint attention, suggesting that attention to positive affect cues may support the development of other social competencies. ..
- Characterizing the daily life, needs, and priorities of adults with autism spectrum disorder from Interactive Autism Network dataKatherine Gotham
Vanderbilt University, USA
Autism 19:794-804. 2015..This study underscores the need for lifespan research; initiatives will benefit from incorporating information from the unique perspectives of adults with autism spectrum disorder and their families. ..