Paul St Jacques
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- An analysis of risk factors for patient complaints about ambulatory anesthesiology careJ Matthew Kynes
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1301 Medical Center Drive, 4648 The Vanderbilt Clinic, Nashville, TN 37232 5614, USA
Anesth Analg 116:1325-32. 2013..In this study, we describe the distribution of complaints among anesthesia providers and identify factors associated with complaint risk in pediatric and adult populations...
- Improving timely surgical antibiotic prophylaxis redosing administration using computerized record promptsPaul St Jacques
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 7115, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 6:215-21. 2005..We assessed the utility of a computerized reminder as part of the anesthesia charting system to increase the rate of timely intraoperative prophylactic antibiotic redosing...
- Enhancing point of care vigilance using computersPaul St Jacques
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, The Vanderbilt Clinic, Nashville, TN 37237, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 29:505-19. 2011..Future studies and outcomes analysis are needed to quantify the degree of benefit of these new components of perioperative information systems...
- Damage control hematology: the impact of a trauma exsanguination protocol on survival and blood product utilizationBryan A Cotton
Departments of Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Trauma 64:1177-82; discussion 1182-3. 2008....
- Using information technology to improve quality in the ORBrian Rothman
Perioperative Informatics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1301 Medical Center Drive, 4648 TVC, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 29:29-55. 2011..The authors posit that IT will enable all the information about patients, perioperative systems, system capacity, and readiness to follow a development trajectory of increasing usefulness...
- Automated identification of drug and food allergies entered using non-standard terminologyRichard H Epstein
Department of Anesthesiology, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:962-8. 2013..Our goal was to develop a high-performance, easily maintained algorithm to identify medication and food allergies and sensitivities from unstructured allergy entries in electronic health record (EHR) systems...
- Randomized controlled trial comparing the McGrath MAC video laryngoscope with the King Vision video laryngoscope in adult patientsBret D Alvis
Division of Critical Care, Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Minerva Anestesiol 82:30-5. 2016....
- Implementation of an enhanced safety-engineered sharp device oversight and bloodborne pathogen protection program at a large academic medical centerThomas R Talbot
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, and Department of Health Policy, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 35:1383-90. 2014..In these situations, a standardized system to examine requests for waiver from expected practices is necessary...