John J Murray
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Fluticasone propionate and salmeterol administered via Diskus compared with salmeterol or fluticasone propionate alone in patients suboptimally controlled with short-acting beta2-agonistsJohn Murray
Vanderbilt Asthma, Sinus and Allergy Program, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 93:351-9. 2004..Optimal therapy for many patients with persistent asthma requires control of both main components of this disease: inflammation and bronchoconstriction...
- Asthma and rhinosinusitisJohn J Murray
Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 11:49-53. 2003....
- Acute humoral rejection of human lung allografts and elevation of C4d in bronchoalveolar lavage fluidGeraldine G Miller
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Transplant 4:1323-30. 2004..006), but were also observed with infection and in asyptomatic patients. The findings support the occurrence of anti-HLA-mediated lung allograft rejection and suggest that C4d measurement in BALF may be useful in diagnosis...
- Efficacy and safety of a novel, single-dose azithromycin microsphere formulation versus 10 days of levofloxacin for the treatment of acute bacterial sinusitis in adultsJohn J Murray
Vanderbilt Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:194-200. 2005..0-g dose of a novel azithromycin microsphere formulation with that of 10 days of levofloxacin, 500 mg/d, when used to treat adults with uncomplicated acute bacterial maxillary sinusitis (ABS)...
- Safety of binodenoson, a selective adenosine A2A receptor agonist vasodilator pharmacological stress agent, in healthy subjects with mild intermittent asthmaJohn J Murray
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 2:492-8. 2009..This study was conducted to assess the safety of binodenoson in 87 healthy young adult volunteers with documented mild, intermittent asthma...
- Soluble CD23 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist in human asthmatics following antigen challengeDavid J Amrol
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Asthma 42:73-6. 2005..The finding that steroid treatment did not enhance these levels suggests that this may be an independent approach to asthma therapy that should be investigated...
- Alternative medical treatment strategies for chronic hyperplastic eosinophilic sinusitisDavid Amrol
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 13:55-9. 2005..Although CRS has been viewed traditionally as an infectious disease, treatment focused on antibiotics and surgery has not infrequently provided disappointing results...
- Does measuring BHR add to guideline derived clinical measures in determining treatment for patients with persistent asthma?Steven M Koenig
Division of Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care, University of Virginia, Hospital Drive, Private Clinics 6590, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Respir Med 102:665-73. 2008....
- Asthma Control Test: reliability, validity, and responsiveness in patients not previously followed by asthma specialistsMichael Schatz
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:549-56. 2006..The development of the Asthma Control Test (ACT), a short, simple, patient-based tool for identifying patients with poorly controlled asthma, was recently described in patients under the routine care of an asthma specialist...
- Comprehensive evaluation of cetirizine in the management of seasonal allergic rhinitis: impact on symptoms, quality of life, productivity, and activity impairmentJohn J Murray
Vanderbilt University, Asthma Sinus, Allergy Program, 2611 West End Ave 120, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 23:391-8. 2002..These results provide a more comprehensive assessment of cetirizine, indicating that its benefits extend beyond conventional measures of clinical outcome...
- Cardiovascular risks associated with beta-agonist therapyJohn J Murray
Chest 127:2283-5. 2005
- Reversal of hypereosinophilic syndrome and lymphomatoid papulosis with mepolizumab and imatinibMark J Koury
Am J Med 115:587-9. 2003
- Is routine pouch surveillance for dysplasia indicated for ileoanal pouches?Alan J Herline
Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts 01805, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 46:156-9. 2003..This study was designed to evaluate our institutional incidence of dysplasia in ileoanal pouch during long-term follow-up...
- Biochemical and clinical evidence that aspirin-intolerant asthmatic subjects tolerate the cyclooxygenase 2-selective analgetic drug celecoxibPär Gyllfors
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine at Karolinska Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:1116-21. 2003..Recently, 2 isotypes of COX have been identified, and COX-2-selective NSAIDs have been developed for treatment of inflammatory disorders...
- Development of the asthma control test: a survey for assessing asthma controlRobert A Nathan
Asthma and allergy Associates and Research Center, Colorado Springs, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:59-65. 2004..In a busy clinic practice with limited time and resources, there is need for a simple method for assessing asthma control with or without lung function testing...
- Efficacy of once-daily desloratadine/pseudoephedrine for relief of nasal congestionEric Schenkel
Valley Clinical Research Center, 3729 Easton Nazareth Highway, Suite 202, Easton, PA 18045, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 23:325-30. 2002..It was concluded that desloratadine/pseudoephedrine offers additional benefit to patients with moderate-to-severe SAR-associated nasal congestion compared with pseudoephedrine therapy alone...