Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Contact heat sensitivity and reports of unpleasantness in communicative people with mild to moderate cognitive impairment in Alzheimer's disease: a cross-sectional studyTodd B Monroe
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science, Vanderbilt Psychiatric Neuroimaging Program, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
BMC Med 14:74. 2016..It is unknown if these findings reflect less perceived pain in AD, an inability to recognize pain, or an inability to communicate pain...
- Decision Factors Nurses Use to Assess Pain in Nursing Home Residents With DementiaTodd B Monroe
Vanderbilt University, 461 21st Ave South, Nashville, TN 37240, USA Electronic address
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 29:316-20. 2015..Findings support further use and development of discomfort behavior scales to help manage pain. ..
- Specific Physician Orders Improve Pain Detection and Pain Reports in Nursing Home Residents: Preliminary DataTodd B Monroe
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, Tennessee Electronic address
Pain Manag Nurs 16:770-80. 2015..Findings uncover that using specific pain order sets seems to improve the detection of pain, which should be a routine part of nursing assessment. ..
- Ethical and legal issues in pain research in cognitively impaired older adultsTodd B Monroe
School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University, Institute of Imaging Science, Vanderbilt University, 461 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37240, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 50:1283-7. 2013..The aims of this paper are to provide an overview of major ethical challenges that can occur in pain research in cognitively impaired populations and to present potential solutions when preparing study protocols. ..
- Pain in people with Alzheimer disease: potential applications for psychophysical and neurophysiological researchTodd B Monroe
School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37240, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 25:240-55. 2012....
- The prevalence of employed nurses identified or enrolled in substance use monitoring programsTodd B Monroe
School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37209, USA
Nurs Res 62:10-5. 2013....
- Assessing advanced cancer pain in older adults with dementia at the end-of-lifeTodd Monroe
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Adv Nurs 68:2070-8. 2012..To assess advanced cancer pain in older adults with dementia at the end-of-life...
- Nurses recovering from substance use disorders: a review of policies and position statementsTodd Monroe
School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Nurs Adm 41:415-21. 2011..The authors identify key points and gaps in existing policy statements...
- The misuse and abuse of propofolTodd Monroe
School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37240, USA
Subst Use Misuse 46:1199-205. 2011..In conclusion, existing research and policy are drawn upon to suggest employment re-entry guidelines for healthcare workers...
- Don't ask don't tell: substance abuse and addiction among nursesTodd Monroe
Vanderbilt University, School of Nursing, Nashville, TN 37240, USA
J Clin Nurs 20:504-9. 2011....
- A case study using the beers list criteria to compare prescribing by family practitioners and geriatric specialists in a rural nursing homeTodd Monroe
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, TN, USA
Geriatr Nurs 32:350-6. 2011..As geriatric educational content is incorporated into nongeriatric specialty areas, pharmacology and prescribing competencies should be an area of ongoing focus for educators...
- Addressing substance abuse among nursing students: development of a prototype alternative-to-dismissal policyTodd Monroe
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
J Nurs Educ 48:272-8. 2009..It is hoped this new substance abuse policy will serve as a prototype for other institutions...