Derrick T Lin
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Use of the anterolateral thigh flap for reconstruction of the head and neckDerrick T Lin
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 5555, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 12:300-4. 2004..Its versatility allows for a subcutaneous, fasciocutaneous, myocutaneous, or adipofascial flap to be obtained...
- Tumors of the accessory lobe of the parotid gland: a 10-year experienceDerrick T Lin
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Otolaryngology, Nashville, TN, USA
Laryngoscope 114:1652-5. 2004..We report our 10-year experience with the diagnosis and treatment of eight accessory parotid gland neoplasms that have been followed by the senior authors...
- Free flap reconstruction in 1999 and 2009: changing case characteristics and outcomesKiran Kakarala
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Laryngoscope 122:2160-3. 2012....
- Surgical Site Infections in Major Head and Neck Surgeries Involving Pedicled Flap ReconstructionNeerav Goyal
Harvard Medical School, Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 126:20-28. 2017..To evaluate surgical site infections (SSI) after pedicled reconstruction in head and neck surgery...
- The use of nasopharyngeal airways for airway diversion in anterior craniofacial resectionCarol M Lewis
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Rhinol 22:529-32. 2008..Tension pneumocephalus is an uncommon, but life-threatening, postoperative complication associated with craniofacial resection. This study was performed to evaluate our institution's experience using nasal trumpets for airway diversion...
- Locoregional control of tongue base adenoid cystic carcinoma with primary resection and radial forearm free flap reconstructionBharat B Yarlagadda
Department of Otolaryngology, Lahey Clinic, Boston, MA, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 96:37-40. 2017....
- Transfusion in head and neck free flap patients: practice patterns and a comparative analysis by flap typeSidharth V Puram
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts, USA Department of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 152:449-57. 2015..To characterize patterns of utilization and outcomes following transfusion in head and neck patients undergoing free flap reconstruction...
- Current concepts in lip reconstructionGeorge L Coppit
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennesee, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 12:281-7. 2004..Reviewed here are the accepted techniques of lip reconstruction, as well newer techniques that have been reported...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 20-2007. An 11-year-old boy with a calcified mass in the noseMichael J Cunningham
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 356:2721-30. 2007
- Intercalated duct lesion of the parotidMatthew R Naunheim
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA, USA
Head Neck Pathol 6:373-6. 2012..Her case is illustrative of the difficulty and importance of an accurate pathologic diagnosis in the management of patients with these lesions...
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx and hypopharynxDerrick T Lin
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 38:59-74, viii. 2005..Tumor stage and histology, functional outcome, and patient comorbidities are important factors to consider. Various surgical approaches as well as chemotherapy and radiation therapy alone or in combination remain the mainstay of therapy...
- Immunohistochemical distinction of intestinal-type sinonasal adenocarcinoma from metastatic adenocarcinoma of intestinal originVicente A Resto
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 115:59-64. 2006..We studied the role of cytokeratin (CK) and mucin (MUC) expression in differentiating ITAC, metastatic adenocarcinoma of intestinal origin, and non-intestinal-type sinonasal adenocarcinoma (non-ITAC)...
- The occipital flap for reconstruction after lateral temporal bone resectionMichael G Moore
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:587-91. 2008..To investigate the use of the occipital rotational flap as an alternative reconstructive technique following lateral temporal bone resection...
- Management outcomes following lateral temporal bone resection for ear and temporal bone malignanciesMichael G Moore
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:893-8. 2007..To evaluate clinical outcomes following lateral temporal bone resection (LTBR) for management of malignancies involving the ear or temporal bone...
- Cyclooxygenase-2: a novel molecular target for the prevention and treatment of head and neck cancerDerrick T Lin
Head and Neck Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
Head Neck 24:792-9. 2002..In this review, evidence is presented that inhibition of COX-2 represents a promising strategy to prevent or possibly treat human head and neck cancers...