Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Novel dialysis modalities: do we need new metrics to optimize treatment?Rachel Fissell
Glickman Urological Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 52:72S-8S. 2012....
- Administration of IL-1ra improves adiponectin levels in chronic hemodialysis patientsAdriana M Hung
Clinical Science Research and Development Veterans Administration, TVHS, Nashville, TN, USA
J Nephrol 27:681-8. 2014..We evaluated whether short-term administration of interleukin 1 receptor antagonist (IL-1ra) improves adiponectin levels and insulin sensitivity in MHD patients...
- Comparative Effectiveness of Second-Line Agents for the Treatment of Diabetes Type 2 in Preventing Kidney Function DeclineAdriana M Hung
Health Services Research and Development Center, Veterans Health Administration Tennessee Valley Healthcare System Geriatric Research Education Clinical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 11:2177-2185. 2016..Glucose control improves kidney outcomes. Most patients eventually require treatment intensification with second-line medications; however, the differential effects of those therapies on kidney function are unknown...
- Dialysate and serum potassium in hemodialysisAdriana M Hung
Veterans Administration Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Nashville, TN Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN Electronic address
Am J Kidney Dis 66:125-32. 2015....
- Comparative effectiveness of incident oral antidiabetic drugs on kidney functionAdriana M Hung
VA Tennessee Valley, Clinical Science Research and Development, Geriatric Research Education Clinical Center GRECC, Department of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Kidney Int 81:698-706. 2012..The risk associated with rosiglitazone was similar to metformin for both outcomes. Thus, compared to metformin, oral antidiabetic drug treatment with sulfonylureas increased the risk of a decline in eGFR, ESRD, or death...
- CRP polymorphisms and progression of chronic kidney disease in African AmericansAdriana M Hung
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1161 21st Avenue South and Garland, Division of Nephrology, S 3223 MCN, Nashville, TN 37232 2372, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:24-33. 2010..It is unknown if CRP polymorphisms are associated with CKD progression or modify the effectiveness of anti-hypertensive therapy in delaying CKD progression...
- CRP polymorphisms and chronic kidney disease in the third national health and nutrition examination surveyAdriana M Hung
Veterans Administration Tennessee Valley Healthcare System Nashville, TN, USA
BMC Med Genet 12:65. 2011..We recently reported an association between the gene variant rs2808630 and CKD progression in African Americans with hypertensive kidney disease. This association has not been studied in other ethnic groups...
- Determinants of C-reactive protein in chronic hemodialysis patients: relevance of dialysis catheter utilizationADRIANA HUNG
Veterans Administration Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Clinical Research Center of Excellence and Geriatric Research Education Clinical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Hemodial Int 12:236-43. 2008..009). Our results indicate that the presence of a hemodialysis catheter is an independent determinant of an exaggerated inflammatory response in CHD patients representing a potentially modifiable risk factor...
- Inflammation, proteolysis and IL-1beta receptor inhibition in CHD patientsADRIANA HUNG; Fiscal Year: 2008..We want to test if reducing inflammation with an anti-inflammatory treatment will reduce muscle loss in dialysis patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..