Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Strategically aligning a mandala of competencies to advance a transformative visionNunzia B Giuse
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Knowledge Management Director, Eskind Biomedical Library Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics and Professor, Department of Medicine
J Med Libr Assoc 101:261-7. 2013..This paper offers insight into the processes that have shaped the Eskind Biomedical Library's (EBL's) strategic direction and its alignment to the institution's transformative vision...
- Using health literacy and learning style preferences to optimize the delivery of health informationNunzia B Giuse
Department of Bioinformatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Health Commun 17:122-40. 2012..This study demonstrates that personalizing health information to learning style preferences and literacy level improves patient understanding of hypertension...
- Evolution of a mature clinical informationist modelNunzia B Giuse
MLS, Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2209 Garland Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 8340, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 12:249-55. 2005..Combining clinical informationist expertise with informatics tools is an effective strategy for delivering the evidence needed to support patient care decisions...
- Integrating best evidence into patient care: a process facilitated by a seamless integration with informatics toolsNunzia B Giuse
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2209 Garland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 8340, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 98:220-2. 2010....
- Benchmarking information needs and use in the Tennessee public health communityPatricia Lee
The Annette and Irwin Eskind Biomedical Library Vanderbilt University Medical Center Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 91:322-36. 2003..The objective is to provide insight to understanding public health officials' needs and promote access to data repositories and communication tools...
- A randomized effectiveness trial of a clinical informatics consult service: impact on evidence-based decision-making and knowledge implementationShelagh A Mulvaney
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, School of Nursing, 461 21 Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37240, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:203-11. 2008..To determine the effectiveness of providing synthesized research evidence to inform patient care practices via an evidence based informatics program, the Clinical Informatics Consult Service (CICS)...
- Print versus electronic journals: a preliminary investigation into the effect of journal format on research processesNila A Sathe
Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 90:235-43. 2002..To begin investigating the impact of electronic journals on research processes such as information seeking, the authors conducted a pilot journal-use study to test the hypothesis that patrons use print and electronic journals differently...
- The Clinical Informationist: Does the Model Work?NUNZIA GIUSE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Demonstration of the utility of the clinical informationist approach can foster widespread adoption nationally, and increase the degree to which clinical practice becomes evidence-based. ..