Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Institute of Medicine Measures of Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health: A Feasibility StudyNunzia B Giuse
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee Center for Knowledge Management, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee Electronic address
Am J Prev Med . 2016..This study evaluated the panel of SBD measures recommended by the Institute of Medicine and examined the effect of question order...
- Strategically aligning a mandala of competencies to advance a transformative visionNunzia B Giuse
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Knowledge Management Director, Eskind Biomedical Library Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics and Professor, Department of Medicine
J Med Libr Assoc 101:261-7. 2013..This paper offers insight into the processes that have shaped the Eskind Biomedical Library's (EBL's) strategic direction and its alignment to the institution's transformative vision...
- Using health literacy and learning style preferences to optimize the delivery of health informationNunzia B Giuse
Department of Bioinformatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Health Commun 17:122-40. 2012..This study demonstrates that personalizing health information to learning style preferences and literacy level improves patient understanding of hypertension...
- Evolution of a mature clinical informationist modelNunzia B Giuse
MLS, Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2209 Garland Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 8340, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 12:249-55. 2005..Combining clinical informationist expertise with informatics tools is an effective strategy for delivering the evidence needed to support patient care decisions...
- Integrating best evidence into patient care: a process facilitated by a seamless integration with informatics toolsNunzia B Giuse
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2209 Garland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 8340, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 98:220-2. 2010....
- Benchmarking information needs and use in the Tennessee public health communityPatricia Lee
The Annette and Irwin Eskind Biomedical Library Vanderbilt University Medical Center Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 91:322-36. 2003..The objective is to provide insight to understanding public health officials' needs and promote access to data repositories and communication tools...
- A randomized effectiveness trial of a clinical informatics consult service: impact on evidence-based decision-making and knowledge implementationShelagh A Mulvaney
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, School of Nursing, 461 21 Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37240, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:203-11. 2008..To determine the effectiveness of providing synthesized research evidence to inform patient care practices via an evidence based informatics program, the Clinical Informatics Consult Service (CICS)...
- Print versus electronic journals: a preliminary investigation into the effect of journal format on research processesNila A Sathe
Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 90:235-43. 2002..To begin investigating the impact of electronic journals on research processes such as information seeking, the authors conducted a pilot journal-use study to test the hypothesis that patrons use print and electronic journals differently...
- The Clinical Informationist: Does the Model Work?NUNZIA GIUSE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Demonstration of the utility of the clinical informationist approach can foster widespread adoption nationally, and increase the degree to which clinical practice becomes evidence-based. ..