M Kathleen Figaro
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Preferences for arthritis care among urban African Americans: "I don't want to be cut"M Kathleen Figaro
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Health Psychol 23:324-9. 2004..Given its high levels of disability, this cohort had low expectations of TKR. Culturally sensitive educational programs might improve patient altitudes and beliefs regarding TKR, ultimately increasing appropriate usage...
- Prevalence of influenza vaccination in a high-risk population: impact of age and raceM Kathleen Figaro
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1310 24th Ave S, RM 4B111, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 28:24-9. 2005..In addition, new vaccine delivery strategies and systematic vaccination marketing efforts may be needed to increase influenza vaccination rates in communities of color and other underserved populations...
- Diabetes, inflammation, and functional decline in older adults: findings from the Health, Aging and Body Composition (ABC) studyM Kathleen Figaro
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center GRECC, 1310 24th Ave South, Room 4B111, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Diabetes Care 29:2039-45. 2006..We examined the effect of C-reactive protein (CRP) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) on the incident mobility limitation in older adults with and without diabetes...
- Behind-the-scenes of patient-centered care: content analysis of electronic messaging among primary care clinic providers and staffRenee A Stiles
Department of General Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville Tennessee, USA
Med Care 45:1205-9. 2007..A taxonomy for codifying clinical text messages into standardized categories could facilitate content analysis of work performed or enhanced via electronic messaging...
- Expectation and outlook: the impact of patient preference on arthritis care among African AmericansM Kathleen Figaro
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn 37212, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 28:41-8. 2005..Mean QoL was 7.6 +/- 1.7 (max 10). Despite debilitating OA, African American patients perceive a high QoL, yet have low expectations from TKR and are therefore less likely to consider TKR as a treatment for OA...
- Exploring socioeconomic variations in diabetes control strategies: impact of outcome expectationsM Kathleen Figaro
Department of Medicine, Center for Health Services Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:18-23. 2009..This paper explores outcome expectations of adults of varied socioeconomic status with type 2 diabetes, examining differences between African Americans and whites...