BRIAN SEAMUS DONAHUE
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Factor V Leiden protects against blood loss and transfusion after cardiac surgeryBrian S Donahue
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn 37232, USA
Circulation 107:1003-8. 2003....
- Disposition of tissue factor pathway inhibitor during cardiopulmonary bypassB S Donahue
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:1011-6. 2006..We have investigated the structural and functional properties of plasma TFPI during CPB to further characterize how TFPI is altered during this procedure...
- The response to activated protein C after cardiopulmonary bypass: impact of factor V leidenBrian S Donahue
Department of Anesthesiology, 504 Oxford House, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Anesth Analg 99:1598-603, table of contents. 2004..These findings provide mechanistic support for previous speculations of increased postoperative thrombotic risk associated with FVL...
- Factor V Leiden and perioperative riskBrian S Donahue
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 372132, USA
Anesth Analg 98:1623-34, table of contents. 2004..Finally, a summary of current clinical evidence and a plan for more detailed investigation of this potentially significant risk factor will be proposed...
- Tissue factor and platelet glycoprotein Ib-alpha alleles are associated with age at first coronary bypass operationBrian S Donahue
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Anesthesiology 99:1287-94. 2003..The authors tested this hypothesis in a cardiac surgery population...
- Anger regulation style, postoperative pain, and relationship to the A118G mu opioid receptor gene polymorphism: a preliminary studyStephen Bruehl
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Tennessee, Nashville 37212, USA
J Behav Med 29:161-9. 2006..53) than those with the wild-type receptor (b = 0.07). These results suggest that the A118G SNP may moderate but not mediate the effects of anger-out on postoperative pain responses...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 as a predictor of postoperative atrial fibrillation after cardiopulmonary bypassMias Pretorius
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Circulation 116:I1-7. 2007..This study tests the hypothesis that biomarkers predict the development of postoperative AF...
- Cardiac sodium channel (SCN5A) variants associated with atrial fibrillationDawood Darbar
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Circulation 117:1927-35. 2008..Here, we tested the hypothesis that vulnerability to AF is associated with variation in SCN5A, the gene encoding the cardiac sodium channel...
- ACE I/D polymorphism associated with abnormal atrial and atrioventricular conduction in lone atrial fibrillation and structural heart disease: implications for electrical remodelingHiroshi Watanabe
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Heart Rhythm 6:1327-32. 2009..The D allele is associated with higher ACE activity and thus higher angiotensin II levels. Angiotensin II stimulates cardiac fibrosis and conduction heterogeneity...
- Mutations in sodium channel β1- and β2-subunits associated with atrial fibrillationHiroshi Watanabe
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0575, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2:268-75. 2009..We also have reported that SCN1B is associated with Brugada syndrome and isolated cardiac conduction disease. We tested the hypothesis that mutations in the 4 sodium channel beta-subunit genes SCN1B-SCN4B contribute to AF susceptibility...
- Variation in the 4q25 chromosomal locus predicts atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graft surgerySimon C Body
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:499-506. 2009..However, their role in postoperative AF is unknown. We hypothesized that genetic variants in the 4q25 chromosomal region are independently associated with postoperative AF after coronary artery bypass graft surgery...
- Role of Coagulation System Variability: Cardiac SurgeryBrian Donahue; Fiscal Year: 2006..The project will make extensive use of data in the Vanderbilt Cardiac Surgery Registry, a valuable database of genetic and clinical data presently being prospectively collected on elective adult cardiac surgery patients...