D A Dixon
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Altered expression of the mRNA stability factor HuR promotes cyclooxygenase-2 expression in colon cancer cellsD A Dixon
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Clin Invest 108:1657-65. 2001....
- Fluid flow activates a regulator of translation, p70/p85 S6 kinase, in human endothelial cellsL W Kraiss
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 278:H1537-44. 2000..Transcriptional blockade did not abolish the flow-induced upregulation of Bcl-3. Fluid forces may therefore modify endothelial phenotype by specifically regulating translation of certain mRNA transcripts into protein...
- Activated platelets mediate inflammatory signaling by regulated interleukin 1beta synthesisS Lindemann
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Cell Biol 154:485-90. 2001....
- Post-transcriptional control of cyclooxygenase-2 gene expression. The role of the 3'-untranslated regionD A Dixon
Department of Oncological Sciences, Eccles Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, and the Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 275:11750-7. 2000..We propose that these factors influence expression at a post-transcriptional step and, if dysregulated, may increase COX-2 protein as detected in colon cancer...
- Cell adhesion regulates gene expression at translational checkpoints in human myeloid leukocytesT S Mahoney
The Eccles Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, and Department of Internal Medicine and Experimental Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10284-9. 2001....
- Signal-dependent translation of a regulatory protein, Bcl-3, in activated human plateletsA S Weyrich
Nora Eccles Harrison Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:5556-61. 1998..Taken together, these data demonstrate that regulated synthesis of proteins is a signal-dependent activation response of human platelets...