Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Influences of Neural Pathway Integrity on Children's Response to Reading InstructionNicole Davis
Vanderbilt University Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development Nashville, TN, USA
Front Syst Neurosci 4:150. 2010..We found eight significant correlations, four of which were connections between the insular cortex and angular gyrus. In each of the correlations, a relationship with children's response to intervention was evident...
- Aberrant functional activation in school age children at-risk for mathematical disability: a functional imaging study of simple arithmetic skillNicole Davis
Vanderbilt University Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development, USA
Neuropsychologia 47:2470-9. 2009....
- The neural correlates of calculation ability in children: an fMRI studyNicole Davis
Vanderbilt University Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 27:1187-97. 2009..In particular, patterns of activation in the parietal lobe were significantly different as a function of age. Findings support previous claims that the parietal lobe becomes more specialized for arithmetic tasks with age...
- Functional correlates of children's responsiveness to interventionNicole Davis
Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science, Nashville, Tennessee 37203 5721, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 36:288-301. 2011..Groups differed in activation level of the left hemisphere posterior superior temporal and the middle temporal gyri, suggesting that future imaging studies should consider responders and nonresponders separately...
- Structural connectivity patterns associated with the putative visual word form area and children's reading abilityQiuyun Fan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA Institute of Imaging Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA Education and Brain Sciences Research Laboratory, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA Electronic address
Brain Res 1586:118-29. 2014..Findings thus reveal clear structural abnormalities underlying the functional abnormalities in the putative VWFA in WRD. ..
- Not all reading disabilities are dyslexia: distinct neurobiology of specific comprehension deficitsLaurie E Cutting
Education and Human Development, Education and Brain Research Laboratory, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Brain Connect 3:199-211. 2013..These novel findings provide foundational insights into the nature of S-RCD, and set the stage for future investigations of this common, but understudied, reading disorder...
- Relation between brain architecture and mathematical ability in children: a DBM studyZhaoying Han
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA Electronic address
Magn Reson Imaging 31:1645-56. 2013..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study that uses DBM to investigate brain anatomical features related to mathematical performance in a relatively large population of children. ..