Genomes and Genes
Howard C Crawford
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- The PEA3 subfamily of Ets transcription factors synergizes with beta-catenin-LEF-1 to activate matrilysin transcription in intestinal tumorsH C Crawford
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2175, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:1370-83. 2001....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 is expressed by pancreatic cancer precursors and regulates acinar-to-ductal metaplasia in exocrine pancreasHoward C Crawford
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Clin Invest 109:1437-44. 2002..Thus, MMP-7 and FasL influence the initiation and maintenance of metaplastic events in pancreatic epithelium, explaining the observed link between metaplasia and apoptosis in pancreas and other gastrointestinal tissues...
- Matrix metalloproteinase 7 mediates mammary epithelial cell tumorigenesis through the ErbB4 receptorConor C Lynch
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, 23rd and Pierce Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cancer Res 67:6760-7. 2007..Furthermore, overexpression of the ErbB4 ICD in the c57MG cell line recapitulated the proliferative effects of MMP7 in vitro and in vivo. These data indicate a novel mechanism for mammary epithelial cell transformation by MMP7...
- Tcf binding sequence and position determines beta-catenin and Lef-1 responsiveness of MMP-7 promotersMark D Gustavson
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 6840, USA
Mol Carcinog 41:125-39. 2004..We concluded that sequence and position of Tcf binding sites can determine the extent of beta-catenin-Lef-1 responsiveness for beta-catenin target genes...
- Keratinocyte expression of MMP3 enhances differentiation and prevents tumor establishmentLisa J McCawley
Vanderbilt University, Department of Cancer Biology, Nashville, TN 37232 6840, USA
Am J Pathol 173:1528-39. 2008..These studies suggest that keratinocyte expression of MMP3 promotes cellular differentiation, impeding tumor establishment during tumorigenesis...
- Identification of novel matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin) cleavage sites in murine and human Fas ligandTracy Vargo-Gogola
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, 736 PRB 23rd and Pierce, Nashville, TN 37232 6840, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 408:155-61. 2002..We conclude that the controversy regarding the biological activity of sFasL may be explained, in part, by the generation of distinct forms of sFasL as a result of cleavage at specific sequences...
- Epidermal growth factor upregulates matrix metalloproteinase-7 expression through activation of PEA3 transcription factorsConor C Lynch
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 6840, USA
Int J Oncol 24:1565-72. 2004..These data demonstrate for the first time that EGF directly enhances MMP-7 expression via the activation of PEA3 transcription factors...
- Resident stromal cell-derived MMP-9 promotes the growth of colorectal metastases in the liver microenvironmentD Lee Gorden
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 4753, USA
Int J Cancer 121:495-500. 2007..Stromal-derived MMP-9 may represent an important target for selective inhibition in the treatment of metastases. (c) 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Mutant KRas-Induced Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress in Acinar Cells Upregulates EGFR Signaling to Drive Formation of Pancreatic Precancerous LesionsGeou Yarh Liou
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Cell Rep 14:2325-36. 2016..Hence, our data provide insight into how oncogenic KRas interacts with growth factor signaling to induce the formation of pancreatic cancer. ..
- A rat monoclonal antibody that recognizes pro- and active MMP-7 indicates polarized expression in vivoBarbara Fingleton
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6840, USA
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 26:22-7. 2007..In contrast, advanced colon tumors show MMP-7 in invading cells at the advancing edge of the tumor...
- Protein kinase D1 drives pancreatic acinar cell reprogramming and progression to intraepithelial neoplasiaGeou Yarh Liou
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Nat Commun 6:6200. 2015..Moreover, using 3D explant culture of primary pancreatic acinar cells, we show that PKD1 acts downstream of TGFα and Kras, to mediate formation of ductal structures through activation of the Notch pathway. ..
- Macrophage-secreted cytokines drive pancreatic acinar-to-ductal metaplasia through NF-κB and MMPsGeou Yarh Liou
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Cell Biol 202:563-77. 2013..In particular, we identify matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) as targets that drive ADM and provide in vivo data suggesting that MMP inhibitors may be efficiently applied to block pancreatitis-induced ADM in therapy. ..
- Matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase-7) selects for apoptosis-resistant mammary cells in vivoTracy Vargo-Gogola
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6840, USA
Cancer Res 62:5559-63. 2002..We propose that matrilysin promotes mammary tumor formation by enhancing the selection of cells that are resistant to apoptosis...
- A protective role for matrix metalloproteinase-3 in squamous cell carcinomaLisa J McCawley
Department of Cancer Biology, Division of Dermatology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6840, USA
Cancer Res 64:6965-72. 2004..We propose that MMP-3 is expressed as a protective response and plays an important role in host defense during SCC tumorigenesis...
- Metalloproteinases and cell fate: Notch just ADAMs anymoreEric T Sawey
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8651, USA
Cell Cycle 7:566-9. 2008..Other approaches for Notch inhibition, including by gamma-secretase and broad-spectrum MMP inhibitors, will be discussed...
- Matrix metalloproteinase 7 controls pancreatic acinar cell transdifferentiation by activating the Notch signaling pathwayEric T Sawey
Departments of Pharmacological Sciences and Physiology and Biophysics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19327-32. 2007....
- Role for ETS domain transcription factors Pea3/Erm in mouse lung developmentYuru Liu
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Dev Biol 261:10-24. 2003..Our results provide the first functional evidence that Pea3 subfamily members play a role in epithelial-mesenchymal interactions during lung organogenesis...
- Evaluation of matrix metalloproteinase 7 in plasma and pancreatic juice as a biomarker for pancreatic cancerKoert F D Kuhlmann
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:886-91. 2007..The diagnostic accuracy of plasma MMP-7 alone is not sufficient to determine treatment strategy in patients with a periampullary mass, but combined evaluation of plasma MMP-7 with CA19-9 and other markers may be clinically useful...
- Preinvasive and invasive ductal pancreatic cancer and its early detection in the mouseSunil R Hingorani
Department of Medicine, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Abramson Center at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Cell 4:437-50. 2003..Finally, mice with PanINs have an identifiable serum proteomic signature, suggesting a means of detecting the preinvasive state in patients...
- Beta-catenin regulates the gene of MMP-26, a novel metalloproteinase expressed both in carcinomas and normal epithelial cellsNatalia D Marchenko
Cancer Research Center, The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:942-56. 2004..This study brings us a step forward towards a better understanding of the unconventional role, regulation and functions of epithelial cell MMP-26 in physiological conditions and in neoplasms...
- E-cadherin suppression accelerates squamous cell carcinoma progression in three-dimensional, human tissue constructsAlexander Margulis
Division of Cancer Biology and Tissue Engineering, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, School of Dental Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 65:1783-91. 2005....
- The catenin p120ctn inhibits Kaiso-mediated transcriptional repression of the beta-catenin/TCF target gene matrilysinChristopher M Spring
Department of Biology, LSB 331, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
Exp Cell Res 305:253-65. 2005....