Reagan G Cox
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Breaking in: human metapneumovirus fusion and entryReagan G Cox
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Viruses 5:192-210. 2013..Finally, we illuminate key unanswered questions and suggest how further studies can elucidate how this clinically important paramyxovirus fusion protein may have evolved to initiate infection by a unique mechanism...
- Body mass index and health related quality of life in elementary school children: a pilot studyLei Zhang
Mississippi State Department of Health, Jackson, MS, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 6:77. 2008..We investigated the relationship between Body Mass Index (BMI) and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) indicated by baseline health status in elementary school children...
- Prenatal care utilization in Mississippi: racial disparities and implications for unfavorable birth outcomesReagan G Cox
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, C2213 Medical Center North, 1161 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN, 37232 2581, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:931-42. 2011..However, this study suggests that public health interventions designed to improve PNC utilization among women might reduce unfavorable birth outcomes especially infant mortality...
- Human metapneumovirus virus-like particles induce protective B and T cell responses in a mouse modelReagan G Cox
Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Virol 88:6368-79. 2014..These results suggest that nonreplicating VLPs are a promising vaccine candidate for HMPV...
- Murine hepatitis virus nonstructural protein 4 regulates virus-induced membrane modifications and replication complex functionMark J Gadlage
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, D6217 MCN, 1161 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN 37232 2581
J Virol 84:280-90. 2010..The results also support the conclusion that the structure of DMVs is essential for efficient RNA synthesis and optimal replication of coronaviruses...
- Studies of culture conditions and environmental stability of human metapneumovirusSharon J Tollefson
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Nashville, TN, USA
Virus Res 151:54-9. 2010..These findings provide guidance for laboratories attempting to culture HMPV and relevant information for infection control policies...
- The human metapneumovirus fusion protein mediates entry via an interaction with RGD-binding integrinsReagan G Cox
Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Virol 86:12148-60. 2012..These results suggest a stepwise mechanism of HMPV entry mediated by the F protein through its interactions with cellular receptors, including RGD-binding integrins...
- Integrin alphavbeta1 promotes infection by human metapneumovirusGabriella Cseke
Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt University College of Arts and Sciences, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1566-71. 2009..Recombinant hMPV F protein binds to cells, whereas Arg-Gly-Glu (RGE)-mutant F protein does not. These data suggest that alphavbeta1 integrin is a functional receptor for hMPV...