A J Cmelak
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Radiosurgery for skull base malignancies and nasopharyngeal carcinomaA J Cmelak
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University Medical Center, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 37:997-1003. 1997..In 1989 we began treating selected patients with skull base lesions using linac stereotactic radiosurgery. In this study the efficacy and toxicity of this therapeutic modality is investigated...
- Low-dose stereotactic radiosurgery is inadequate for medically intractable mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: a case reportA J Cmelak
Department of Radiation Oncology, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Seizure 10:442-6. 2001..The toxicity and efficacy of higher-dose radiosurgery is currently under investigation...
- A phase I-B trial of the radiosensitizer: etanidazole (SR-2508) with radiosurgery for the treatment of recurrent previously irradiated primary brain tumors or brain metastases (RTOG Study 95-02)R E Drzymala
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Radiother Oncol 87:89-92. 2008..The toxicity is reported in three groups of patients according to the tumor size. Etanidazole doses of 12g/m2 combined with radiosurgery were well tolerated...
- Long-term survival with whole abdominopelvic irradiation in platinum-refractory persistent or recurrent ovarian cancerA J Cmelak
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Gynecol Oncol 65:453-60. 1997..With acceptable toxicity, WAI results appear to be as good as or better than second-line chemotherapy, particularly in platinum-refractory patients...
- Comparison of manual and automatic segmentation methods for brain structures in the presence of space-occupying lesions: a multi-expert studyM A Deeley
Department of Radiation Oncology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Phys Med Biol 56:4557-77. 2011..This work underscores the need for large scale studies utilizing statistically robust numbers of patients and experts in evaluating quality of automatic algorithms...