Randy J Carnevale
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Evaluating the utility of syndromic surveillance algorithms for screening to detect potentially clonal hospital infection outbreaksRandy J Carnevale
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:466-72. 2011..The authors evaluated algorithms commonly used in syndromic surveillance for use as screening tools to detect potentially clonal outbreaks for review by infection control practitioners...
- The prevalence and inaccessibility of Internet references in the biomedical literature at the time of publicationDominik Aronsky
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2209 Garland Ave, Nashville, TN 37232 8340, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:232-4. 2007..To determine the prevalence and inaccessibility of Internet references in the bibliography of biomedical publications when first released in PubMed...
- Use of a computerized C-reactive protein (CRP) based sepsis evaluation in very low birth weight (VLBW) infants: a five-year experienceSarah A Coggins
School of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e78602. 2013..However, established standard of practice for its use in preterm very low birth weight (<1500 g, VLBW) infants are lacking...
- Insulin resistance heralds positive cultures after severe injuryNathan T Mowery
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 10:503-9. 2009..We hypothesized that measures of IR during tight glycemic control protocols are associated with infection and may be more predictive than the serum glucose concentration...
- The life and death of URLs in five biomedical informatics journalsRandy J Carnevale
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Vanderbilt University, 2209 Garland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 8340, USA
Int J Med Inform 76:269-73. 2007..To determine the decay rate of Uniform Record Locators (URLs) in the reference section of biomedical informatics journals...