Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Child custody evaluationsWilliam Bernet
Vanderbilt Forensic Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1601 Twenty Third Avenue South, Third Floor, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 11:781-804. 2002..It is important to communicate these recommendations in an articulate manner, whether verbally or in the written report...
- Child Affected by Parental Relationship DistressWilliam Bernet
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN Electronic address
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 55:571-9. 2016..A relational problem, CAPRD is defined in the chapter of the DSM-5 under "Other Conditions That May Be a Focus of Clinical Attention." The purpose of this article is to explain the usefulness of this new terminology...
- Parental alienation, DSM-5, and ICD-11: response to criticsWilliam Bernet
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 41:98-104. 2013....
- Ridiculous statements by mental health expertsWilliam Bernet
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 20:557-64. 2011..The author presents examples of ridiculous statements by mental health experts and provides suggestions for how a forensic practitioner might address ridiculous statements by mental health experts...
- Bad nature, bad nurture, and testimony regarding MAOA and SLC6A4 genotyping at murder trialsWilliam Bernet
Department of Psychiatry and Vanderbilt Forensic Services, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
J Forensic Sci 52:1362-71. 2007..The authors present their experience in genotyping criminal defendants and presenting genetic information at criminal trials...
- An evidence-based approach for estimating present and future damages from child sexual abuseWilliam Bernet
The Psychiatric Hospital at Vanderbilt, 1601 Twenty Third Avenue South, Suite 3050, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 34:224-30. 2006..It is notable that the two authors, who have at times testified on opposite sides of similar cases, were able to agree on conclusions that were based on relevant published research...
- Symptom Checklist-90-Revised scores in adult children exposed to alienating behaviors: an Italian sampleWilliam Bernet
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
J Forensic Sci 60:357-62. 2015..The results revealed strong and statistically significant associations between reported exposure to parental alienating behaviors and reports of current symptomatology. ..
- Concealment of psychopathology in forensic evaluations: a pilot study of intentional and uninsightful dissimulatorsKeith A Caruso
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 31:444-50. 2003..Although further study is indicated, it appears that dissimulators are a heterogeneous group...
- Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with substance use disordersOscar G Bukstein
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:609-21. 2005..This parameter considers risk factors for substance use and related problems, normative use of substances by adolescents, the comorbidity of substance use disorders with other psychiatric disorders, and treatment settings and modalities...
- Practice parameter for the use of stimulant medications in the treatment of children, adolescents, and adultsLaurence L Greenhill
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:26S-49S. 2002..Stimulant medications in clinical use include methylphenidate, dextroamphetamine, mixed-salts amphetamine, and pemoline. It carries FDA indications for treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy...