Kathleen W Piercy
Affiliation: Utah State University
- Challenges and psychosocial growth for older volunteers giving intensive humanitarian serviceKathleen W Piercy
Department of Family, Consumer, and Human Development, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 2905, USA
Gerontologist 51:550-60. 2011..Intensive volunteering was defined as service done on a 24-hr a day basis at a location away from home...
- Predictors of dementia caregiver depressive symptoms in a population: the Cache County dementia progression studyKathleen W Piercy
Correspondence should be addressed to Kathleen Piercy, Department of Family, Consumer, and Human Development, 2905 Old Main Hill, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 2905 E mail
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 68:921-6. 2013..This study examined rates and correlates of depression at the baseline visit of a population sample of dementia caregivers (N = 256)...
- Characteristics of strong commitments to intergenerational family care of older adultsKathleen W Piercy
Department of Family, Consumer, and Human Development, Utah State University, 2905 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322 2905, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 62:S381-7. 2007..The purpose of this research was to describe the characteristics of strong commitment to home-based elder care among intergenerational family caregivers...
- Caregiver personality predicts rate of cognitive decline in a community sample of persons with Alzheimer's disease. The Cache County Dementia Progression StudyMaria C Norton
Department of Family Consumer and Human Development, Utah State University, Logan, Utah, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 25:1629-37. 2013..Environmental influences on the rate of Alzheimer's disease (AD) progression have received little attention. Our objective was to test hypotheses concerning associations between caregiver personality traits and the rate of AD progression...
- Predictors of quality of life ratings for persons with dementia simultaneously reported by patients and their caregivers: the Cache County (Utah) StudyTrevor Buckley
Center for Epidemiologic Studies, Utah State University, Logan, UT, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 24:1094-102. 2012..This study compared self- and proxy-reported QOL ratings in a population-based study of PWD and their caregivers, and examined the extent to which discrepancies in reports were associated with characteristics of the PWD...
- Cognitive stimulation and cognitive and functional decline in Alzheimer's disease: the cache county dementia progression studyKatherine A Treiber
Department of Psychology, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 4440, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 66:416-25. 2011..To examine the association of engagement in cognitively stimulating activities with cognitive and functional decline in a population-based sample of incident Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Lifestyle behavior pattern is associated with different levels of risk for incident dementia and Alzheimer's disease: the Cache County studyMaria C Norton
Department of Family Consumer and Human Development, Utah State University, Logan, Utah 84322, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:405-12. 2012..To identify distinct behavioral patterns of diet, exercise, social interaction, church attendance, alcohol consumption, and smoking and to examine their association with subsequent dementia risk...
- Dementia caregivers' coping strategies and their relationship to health and well-being: the Cache County StudyChristine M Snyder
a Psychology Department, Utah State University, Logan, UT, USA
Aging Ment Health 19:390-9. 2015..Prior research identifies that psychological outcomes among dementia caregivers are associated with their use of coping strategies. Few studies have tested the association of coping and health longitudinally...
- Greater risk of dementia when spouse has dementia? The Cache County studyMaria C Norton
Department of Family, Consumer, and Human Development Utah State University, Logan, Utah, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:895-900. 2010..To examine the effects of caring for a spouse with dementia on the caregiver's risk for incident dementia...
- Caregiver-recipient closeness and symptom progression in Alzheimer disease. The Cache County Dementia Progression StudyMaria C Norton
Department of Family, Consumer and Human Development, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 2905, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:560-8. 2009..Future interventions designed to enhance the caregiving dyadic relationship may help slow decline in AD...
- Tending and befriending: the intertwined relationships of quiltersKathleen W Piercy
Department of Family and Human Development, Utah State University, Logan, UT, 84322 2905
J Women Aging 16:17-33. 2004..Additional study of the contributions of mid-late life women's leisure activities to their social milieu, personal development, and well-being is needed...
- Provider management of child stress behavior in family day care facilities: scaffolding for learning and development by developmentally appropriate practiceChih Ying Chang
Early Childhood Education, Yew Chung International School, Silicon Valley, CA, USA
J Genet Psychol 167:159-77. 2006..The authors discuss the results with regard to the distinctively different day care culture found in high-DAP facilities versus low-DAP facilities and the implications for practice...
- Quilting as age identity expression in traditional womenCheryl Cheek
Commonwealth College, Human Development and Family Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, Mont Alto, PA 17237, USA
Int J Aging Hum Dev 59:321-37. 2004....