J S Puskin
Affiliation: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- What can epidemiology tell us about risks at low doses?J S Puskin
Radiation Protection Division, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Radiat Res 169:122-4. 2008..Ongoing epidemiological studies of chronically exposed individuals receiving very low daily doses of radiation can be used, however, together with radiobiological data, to critically test whether such a threshold is plausible...
- Perspective on the use of LNT for radiation protection and risk assessment by the U.S. Environmental Protection AgencyJerome S Puskin
Center for Science and Technology, Radiation Protection Division, ORIA 6608J, Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Dose Response 7:284-91. 2009....
- Smoking as a confounder in ecologic correlations of cancer mortality rates with average county radon levelsJ S Puskin
Office of Radiation and Indoor Air, U S EPA, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Health Phys 84:526-32. 2003..Hence, the observed ecological correlation provides no substantial evidence for a protective effect of low level radon exposure...
- Radon exposure assessment and dosimetry applied to epidemiology and risk estimationJerome S Puskin
Office of Radiation and Indoor Air, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Radiat Res 166:193-208. 2006..Measurements of exposure in these indoor case-control studies rely on different types of detectors than those used in mines, and the estimates of exposure are again a major source of uncertainty in these studies...
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's assessment of risks from indoor radonD J Pawel
U S Environmental Protection Agency MC 6608J, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Health Phys 87:68-74. 2004..Results include numerical estimates of lung cancer deaths per unit exposure, which had not been provided in BEIR VI...
- Cancer risks attributable to low doses of ionizing radiation: assessing what we really knowDavid J Brenner
Center for Radiological Research, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:13761-6. 2003..This linearity assumption is not necessarily the most conservative approach, and it is likely that it will result in an underestimate of some radiation-induced cancer risks and an overestimate of others...
- Attributable lung cancer risk from radon in homes may be lowJerome S Puskin
BMJ 330:1151. 2005