J L Blum
Affiliation: US Oncology
- The role of capecitabine, an oral, enzymatically activated fluoropyrimidine, in the treatment of metastatic breast cancerJ L Blum
U S Oncology, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Oncologist 6:56-64. 2001..Capecitabine is an important new treatment option for breast cancer patients, and ongoing clinical trials should further define its role in a range of settings...
- Weekly vinorelbine is an effective palliative regimen after failure with anthracyclines and taxanes in metastatic breast carcinomaPierre Fumoleau
Cancer 98:1325-6; author reply 1326-7. 2003
- Capecitabine/Taxane combination therapy: evolving clinical utility in breast cancerJoyce A O'Shaughnessy
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:42-50. 2006..Several ongoing randomized adjuvant and neoadjuvant clinical trials are assessing the clinical utility of capecitabine/taxane combinations in early-stage and locally advanced breast cancer...
- Comparison of menopausal symptoms during the first year of adjuvant therapy with either exemestane or tamoxifen in early breast cancer: report of a Tamoxifen Exemestane Adjuvant Multicenter trial substudyStephen E Jones
US Oncology Research Inc, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4765-71. 2007..Hormonal breast cancer treatment increases menopausal symptoms in women. This study investigated differences between the symptoms associated with either adjuvant tamoxifen or exemestane...
- Phase II study of weekly albumin-bound paclitaxel for patients with metastatic breast cancer heavily pretreated with taxanesJoanne L Blum
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:850-6. 2007..We examined albumin-bound paclitaxel (100 mg/m2 or 125 mg/m2 administered weekly) to determine the antitumor activity in patients with MBC whose disease progressed despite conventional taxane therapy...
- A phase II trial of trabectedin in triple-negative and HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancerJoanne L Blum
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Texas Oncology, US Oncology, 3410 Worth St, Suite 400, Dallas, TX, 75246, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 155:295-302. 2016..Single-agent trabectedin is well tolerated in aggressive MBC and has moderate activity in HER2-overexpressing tumors. Further studies are warranted to evaluate trabectedin combined with HER2-targeted treatments in this subtype. ..
- Pathologic complete response after preoperative anti-HER2 therapy correlates with alterations in PTEN, FOXO, phosphorylated Stat5, and autophagy protein signalingFrankie Ann Holmes
Texas Oncology Memorial Hermann Memorial City, US Oncology Research, 925 Gessner Road 550, Houston, TX 77024 2546, USA
BMC Res Notes 6:507. 2013....
- Breastfeeding and the risk of breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersJoanne Kotsopoulos
Breast Cancer Res 14:R42. 2012..We present an updated analysis of breastfeeding and risk of breast cancer using a large matched sample of BRCA mutation carriers...
- Pooled analysis of individual patient data from capecitabine monotherapy clinical trials in locally advanced or metastatic breast cancerJoanne L Blum
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Texas Oncology, US Oncology, 3410 Worth Street, Suite 400, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 136:777-88. 2012..Multivariate analyses identified greater ORR, PFS, and OS with capecitabine in patients with ER and/or PgR-positive versus ER/PgR-negative tumors. Safety was in-line with previous phase III trials in MBC...
- Genetic variation in insulin-like growth factor signaling genes and breast cancer risk among BRCA1 and BRCA2 carriersSusan L Neuhausen
Department of Epidemiology, University of California Irvine, 224 Irvine Hall, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Breast Cancer Res 11:R76. 2009..In this study, we investigate the association of variants in genes involved in IGF signaling and risk of breast cancer in women who carry deleterious BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations...
- Association of age and overall survival in capecitabine-treated patients with metastatic breast cancer in clinical trialsJoanne L Blum
Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, Texas Oncology, US Oncology, Dallas, TX, 75246, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 125:431-9. 2011..Frequency of AEs and serious AEs was not related to age at treatment, although women ≥ 65 years were more likely to withdraw from treatment because of an AE than younger women...
- Phase II trial of capecitabine and weekly paclitaxel in patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with every-3-week taxane therapyJoanne L Blum
US Oncology Research, Inc, Houston, TX, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:465-70. 2007....
- Phase II trial of capecitabine and weekly paclitaxel as first-line therapy for metastatic breast cancerJoanne L Blum
US Oncology Research Inc, Houston, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4384-90. 2006..This trial was designed to determine the efficacy and tolerability of weekly paclitaxel plus capecitabine as first-line treatment for metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Multicenter, Phase II study of capecitabine in taxane-pretreated metastatic breast carcinoma patientsJ L Blum
U S Oncology, 3535 Worth Street, Suite 600, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Cancer 92:1759-68. 2001..Capecitabine is an oral, tumor-targeted fluoropyrimidine carbamate with high activity in metastatic breast carcinoma and in paclitaxel-pretreated metastatic breast carcinoma...
- A phase I and pharmacologic study of capecitabine and paclitaxel in breast cancer patientsM A Villalona-Calero
Institute for Drug Development, Cancer Therapy and Research Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Ann Oncol 12:605-14. 2001..The study also sought to recommend doses for subsequent disease-specific studies, identify clinically significant pharmacokinetic interactions, and detect preliminary antitumor activity...
- Phase III trial comparing doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide with docetaxel plus cyclophosphamide as adjuvant therapy for operable breast cancerStephen E Jones
US Oncology Research, Inc, Texas Oncology, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5381-7. 2006..In 1997, we initiated a randomized adjuvant trial of TC compared with standard-dose AC with a primary end point of disease-free survival (DFS)...
- Phase II study of pemetrexed in patients pretreated with an anthracycline, a taxane, and capecitabine for advanced breast cancerJoyce A O'Shaughnessy
Texas Oncology, PA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 6:143-9. 2005..This phase II study evaluated the efficacy, safety, and health outcomes of pemetrexed treatment in heavily pretreated patients with advanced breast cancer...
- Common breast cancer-predisposition alleles are associated with breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersAntonis C Antoniou
Cancer Research UK, Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, UK
Am J Hum Genet 82:937-48. 2008....
- Family environments of women seeking BRCA1/BRCA2 genetic mutation testing: an exploratory analysisLisa A Keenan
Department of Neuropsychology, Transitional Learning Center, Galveston, Texas 77550, USA
J Genet Couns 13:157-76. 2004..When compared with normative data, a subset consisting of the Ashkenazi Jewish women showed a trend of less cohesion than normal families, but similar cohesion levels as distressed families...
- Bilateral prophylactic oophorectomy and bilateral prophylactic mastectomy in a prospective cohort of unaffected BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersTara M Friebel
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:875-82. 2007..The availability of these risk-reduction strategies is an important consideration in the decision to undergo genetic testing...
- Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy for the prevention of BRCA1- and BRCA2-associated breast and gynecologic cancer: a multicenter, prospective studyNoah D Kauff
Clinical Genetics and Gynecology Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 192, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1331-7. 2008....