Steven C Zweig
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Improving the quality of nurse assistants in nursing homes: report of an attending physician survey and an AMDA SymposiumS Zweig
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, Columiba 65212, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 2:141-5. 2001..To describe views of attending physicians regarding nurse assistants as part of a multidisciplinary seminar on nurse assistants at the 1997 American Medical Directors Association (AMDA) Annual Symposium...
- The physician's role in patients' nursing home care: "She's a very courageous and lovely woman. I enjoy caring for her"Steven C Zweig
Department of Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, and Interdisciplinary Center on Aging, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
JAMA 306:1468-78. 2011..The future of long-term care will include additional challenges and rich innovations in services and options for older adults...
- Effect of do-not-resuscitate orders on hospitalization of nursing home residents evaluated for lower respiratory infectionsSteven C Zweig
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:51-8. 2004....
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of MedicineSteven C Zweig
Acad Med 79:S113-7. 2004
- Using mortality risk scores for long-term prognosis of nursing home residents: caution is recommendedRobin L Kruse
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:1235-41. 2010..We compared performance of four long-term mortality risk indices for nursing home residents-the Minimum Data Set Mortality Risk Index (MMRI), a recent revision to this index (MMRI-R), and the original and revised Flacker-Kiely models...
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a Senior Mentor Program: the University of Missouri-Columbia School of MedicineKimberly Hoffman
University of Missouri Columbia, School of Medicine, MA 213 Medical Sciences Bdlg, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 27:37-47. 2006..A model is described for continuous enhancement of educational programs to be used to improve educational experience in geriatrics...
- The University of Missouri integrated residency: evaluating a 4-year curriculumErika Ringdahl
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, One Hospital Drive, DC032 00, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Fam Med 41:476-80. 2009..This study describes and evaluates an integrated family medicine residency programa 4-year program that overlaps with the final year of medical school...
- A profile of residents admitted to long-term care facilities for end-of-life careDavina Porock
Sinclair School of Nursing, School of Social Work, School of Medicine, Health Science Center, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 4:16-22. 2003..This study describes the prevalence, profile, and survivorship of residents admitted to LTC facilities, using the Minimum Data Set (MDS) designation of being at the EOL...
- Family medicine update 2006 at the University of Missouri-Columbia School of MedicineSteven C Zweig
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, USA
Mo Med 103:143-4. 2006
- Evaluation of the elderly driverKevin W Craig
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, USA
Mo Med 104:73-6. 2007..This paper describes the epidemiology of this problem, common mistakes made by elderly drivers, risk factors that can cause unsafe driving, and strategies physicians can use to evaluate their elderly patients' ability to drive...
- Physician recommendations for mammography in women aged 70 and olderJulie M Kapp
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:2100-6. 2008..S. women aged 70 and older who reported a recent mammography recommendation and to identify whether factors suggesting limited life expectancy, such as comorbidities, are associated with a lower probability of a reported recommendation...
- Predictors of short-term functional decline in survivors of nursing home-acquired lower respiratory tract infectionEllen F Binder
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 58:60-7. 2003....