Alan J Zillich
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Effect of a telephone medication renewal service on blood pressure controlAlan J Zillich
Division of Clinical and Administrative Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Department of Family Medicine, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 43:561-5. 2003..To evaluate the effect of a pharmacist-staffed telephone medication renewal service on blood pressure (BP) control...
- Effectiveness of a pharmacist-based smoking-cessation program and its impact on quality of lifeAlan J Zillich
Division of Clinical and Administrative Pharmacy, University of Iowa College of Pharmacy, Iowa City 52241, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:759-65. 2002..Among patients who quit, vitality, mental health, and self-control significantly improved during the 3-month program. Six-month cessation rates were modest, although HRQOL improved within 3 months of abstinence...
- Eplerenone--a novel selective aldosterone blockerAlan J Zillich
Division of Clinical and Administrative Pharmacy and Department of Family Medicine, College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:1567-76. 2002..To review the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, clinical efficacy, and safety of eplerenone, a new selective aldosterone blocker...
- Thiazide diuretics, potassium, and the development of diabetes: a quantitative reviewAlan J Zillich
Purdue University College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Hypertension 48:219-24. 2006..These data suggest that thiazide-induced hypokalemia is associated with increased blood glucose. Treatment of thiazide-induced hypokalemia may reverse glucose intolerance and possibly prevent the future development of diabetes...
- ASHP Therapeutic Position Statement on the Treatment of HypertensionAlan J Zillich
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:1074-80. 2006
- Utility of a questionnaire to measure physician-pharmacist collaborative relationshipsAlan J Zillich
School of Pharmacy, Purdue University, Department of Pharmacy Practice, W Lafayette, IN 46202, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 46:453-8. 2006..To examine the sensitivity and criterion validity of the 14-item Physician/Pharmacist Collaboration Index (PPCI)...
- Hypertension outcomes through blood pressure monitoring and evaluation by pharmacists (HOME study)Alan J Zillich
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Purdue University School of Pharmacy, W Lafayette, IN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:1091-6. 2005..To evaluate the effectiveness of a community pharmacist-based home blood pressure (BP) monitoring program...
- Telephonic case-finding of major depression in a Medicaid chronic disease management program for diabetes and heart failureRonald T Ackermann
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 27:338-43. 2005..We evaluated a Medicaid-sponsored strategy for detecting depressive symptoms in adults with diabetes or congestive heart failure...
- Clinical pharmacists as multidisciplinary health care providers in the management of CKD: a joint opinion by the Nephrology and Ambulatory Care Practice and Research Networks of the American College of Clinical PharmacyMelanie S Joy
Am J Kidney Dis 45:1105-18. 2005
- Development and initial validation of an instrument to measure physician-pharmacist collaboration from the physician perspectiveAlan J Zillich
Purdue University School of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2879, USA
Value Health 8:59-66. 2005..The measure was analyzed for its factor structure, internal consistency, construct validity, and other psychometric properties...
- Knowledge and attitudes about smoking cessation among pharmacy techniciansAlan J Zillich
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:578-82. 2004..To evaluate the knowledge and attitudes of pharmacy technicians before and after attending a continuing education program about smoking cessation...
- Healthy People 2010: challenges, opportunities, and a call to action for America's pharmacistsKarim Anton Calis
Pharmacotherapy 24:1241-94. 2004
- Association between preference-based health-related quality of life and asthma severityMarilyn L Moy
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:329-34. 2004..International guidelines have been developed to guide medical management according to asthma severity defined by lung function and symptom frequency...
- Influential characteristics of physician/pharmacist collaborative relationshipsAlan J Zillich
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2959, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:764-70. 2004..There are no studies that have examined the types of characteristics which most influence development of collaborative relationships between physicians and pharmacists...
- Pharmaceutical care services for patients with hypertensionBarry L Carter
Ann Pharmacother 37:1335-7. 2003
- Smoking-cessation services in Iowa community pharmaciesMary L Aquilino
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:666-73. 2003..To examine community pharmacy practice with regard to providing smoking-cessation counseling...
- How pharmacists can assist physicians with controlling blood pressureBarry L Carter
Department of Family Medicine, Colleges of Pharmacy and Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 5:31-7. 2003..This review summarizes studies involving pharmacist participation in hypertension management and provides recommendations for obtaining pharmacist involvement...
- Implementation of inpatient and outpatient tobacco-cessation programsNicole M Stack
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:2074-9. 2007..Two programs in which pharmacists have an active role in the provision of tobacco-cessation education are described...