Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Obesity Impairs the Action of the Neuroendocrine Ghrelin SystemJeffrey M Zigman
Departments of Internal Medicine Divisions of Hypothalamic Research and Endocrinology and Metabolism and Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 75390 9077, USA Electronic address
Trends Endocrinol Metab 27:54-63. 2016....
- Characterization of gastric and neuronal histaminergic populations using a transgenic mouse modelAngela K Walker
The Department of Internal Medicine Division of Hypothalamic Research and Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism and the Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e60276. 2013..We suggest that these transgenic mice will facilitate future studies aimed at investigating the function of histamine-producing cells...
- A solitary hyperfunctioning thyroid nodule harboring thyroid carcinoma: review of the literatureSasan Mirfakhraee
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, 75390, USA
Thyroid Res 6:7. 2013..Also, FTC and Hurthle cell carcinoma are found more frequently in hot nodules than in general. We were unable to find any specific characteristics that could be used to distinguish between malignant and benign hot nodules...
- Glucose-mediated control of ghrelin release from primary cultures of gastric mucosal cellsIchiro Sakata
Division of Hypothalamic Research, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9077, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 302:E1300-10. 2012....
- Ghrelin directly stimulates glucagon secretion from pancreatic alpha-cellsJen Chieh Chuang
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hypothalamic Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9077, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1600-11. 2011..Our study shows that ghrelin's regulation of blood glucose involves direct stimulation of glucagon secretion from α-cells and introduces the ghrelin-glucagon axis as an important mechanism controlling glycemia under fasting conditions...
- Ghrelin in Food Intake and Energy BalanceJeffrey Zigman; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hope that this study will better enable the design of therapeutics to treat and prevent obesity and its co-morbid conditions. ..