Vincent A Ziboh
Affiliation: University of California
- Metabolism of polyunsaturated fatty acids by skin epidermal enzymes: generation of antiinflammatory and antiproliferative metabolitesV A Ziboh
Department of Dermatology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 71:361S-6S. 2000....
- Significance of lipoxygenase-derived monohydroxy fatty acids in cutaneous biologyV A Ziboh
Department of Dermatology, University of California Davis, 95616, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 63:3-13. 2000..The monohydroxy fatty acids are incorporated in phospholipids which undergo catalysis to yield substituted-diacylglycerols (13-HODE-DAG) and 15-HETrE-DAG) which exert anti-inflammatory/antiproliferative effects on the skin...
- Biological significance of essential fatty acids/prostanoids/lipoxygenase-derived monohydroxy fatty acids in the skinVincent A Ziboh
Department of Dermatology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Arch Pharm Res 25:747-58. 2002....
- Dietary gamma-linolenate attenuates tumor growth in a rodent model of prostatic adenocarcinoma via suppression of elevated generation of PGE(2) and 5S-HETEHung Pham
Department of Dermatology TB 192, School of Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 74:271-82. 2006..Taken together, the findings showed that intake of GLA-enriched diet does reduce prostatic cancer development in L-W rats and could serve as a non-toxic adjunct in management of human prostatic cancer...
- 15-lipoxygenase metabolites of gamma-linolenic acid/eicosapentaenoic acid suppress growth and arachidonic acid metabolism in human prostatic adenocarcinoma cells: possible implications of dietary fatty acidsKao Vang
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California at Davis, One Shields Avenue, TB 192, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 72:363-72. 2005..These findings therefore imply that dietary GLA rather than EPA should better attenuate prostate carcinogenesis via its in vivo generation of 15(S)-HETrE, thus warranting exploration...
- Suppression of cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression by 15S-hydroxyeicosatrienoic acid in androgen-dependent prostatic adenocarcinoma cellsHung Pham
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California Davis, 95616, USA
Int J Cancer 111:192-7. 2004..These findings suggest that 15S-HETrE could function in vivo after dietary intake of GLA to suppress DHT-enhanced prostatic COX-2 expression/PGE(2) biosynthesis and, thus, alleviate tumor growth and progression...
- Suppression of leukotriene B4 generation by ex-vivo neutrophils isolated from asthma patients on dietary supplementation with gammalinolenic acid-containing borage oil: possible implication in asthmaVincent A Ziboh
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Dermatology, University of California at Davis School of Medicine, TB 192, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 11:13-21. 2004..Nonetheless, the study demonstrated dietary fatty acid modulation of endogenous inflammatory mediators without side effects and thus warrant further explorations into the roles of GLA at higher doses, leukotrienes and asthma...