Affiliation: University of Southern California
- The mammalian Golgi regulates numb signaling in asymmetric cell division by releasing ACBD3 during mitosisYan Zhou
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cell 129:163-78. 2007....
- Bio-inspired hard-to-soft interface for implant integration to boneYan Zhou
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA Electronic address
Nanomedicine 11:431-4. 2015....
- Derivation of cranial neural crest-like cells from human embryonic stem cellsYan Zhou
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA Room 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:542-7. 2008..The derivation of cranial neural crest-like multipotent progenitor cells from ES cells provides a new tool for cell lineage analysis of neural crest in vitro...
- The influence of Leucine-rich amelogenin peptide on MSC fate by inducing Wnt10b expressionXin Wen
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Biomaterials 32:6478-86. 2011..We show here that LRAP promotes osteogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells at the expense of adipogenesis through upregulating Wnt10b expression to activate Wnt signaling...
- Leucine-rich amelogenin peptide induces osteogenesis by activation of the Wnt pathwayRungnapa Warotayanont
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, 2250 Alcazar Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 387:558-63. 2009..We conclude that LRAP activates the canonical Wnt signaling pathway to induce osteogenic differentiation of mouse ES cells through the concerted regulation of Wnt agonists and antagonists...
- Risk factors for adolescent smoking in urban and rural China: findings from the China seven cities studyHuiyan Ma
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Alhambra, CA91803, USA
Addict Behav 33:1081-5. 2008..Smoking prevention interventions in China may need to focus on raising adolescents' refusal self-efficacy...
- Bioactive nanofibers enable the identification of thrombospondin 2 as a key player in enamel regenerationZhan Huang
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, The University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Biomaterials 61:216-28. 2015..Exploiting the signaling pathways activated by biomaterials can provide insight into native signaling mechanisms crucial for tooth development and cell-based strategies for enamel regeneration. ..
- Leucine-rich amelogenin peptide induces osteogenesis in mouse embryonic stem cellsRungnapa Warotayanont
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA Room 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033 1004, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 367:1-6. 2008..In addition, the amelogenin KO phenotype is partially rescued by the addition of exogenous LRAP. These data suggest a unique function of LRAP during ES cell differentiation along osteogenic lineage...
- Increased myeloperoxidase in the placenta and circulation of women with preeclampsiaRobin E Gandley
Magee Womens Research Institute, 204 Craft Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Hypertension 52:387-93. 2008..We speculate that MPO may contribute to the oxidative damage reported in the endothelium and placenta of women with preeclampsia...
- Transient expression of endothelins in the amoeboid microglial cells in the developing rat brainChun Yun Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Glia 54:513-25. 2006..The present novel finding has added microglia as a new cellular source of ET that may take part in multiple functions including regulating vascular constriction and chemokines release...
- Lineage specification and plasticity in CD19- early B cell precursorsLynn L Rumfelt
Division of Basic Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Exp Med 203:675-87. 2006..A) stage, and B/T lymphoid plasticity persists until the CD19+ pro-B stage. Thus, MLP, CLP, and Fr. A represent progressively B lineage-specified stages in development, before the CD19+ B lineage-committed pro-B stage...
- Human cytotrophoblasts acquire aneuploidies as they differentiate to an invasive phenotypeJingly F Weier
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0720, USA
Dev Biol 279:420-32. 2005..Thus, aneuploidy appears to be an important component of normal placentation, perhaps limiting the proliferative and invasive potential of cytotrophoblasts within the uterus...
- Abnormal placentation and the syndrome of preeclampsiaMichael T McMaster
Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Semin Nephrol 24:540-7. 2004..It is likely that this new paradigm will improve both diagnosis and treatment of this life-threatening pregnancy complication...
- Trisomy 21 is associated with variable defects in cytotrophoblast differentiation along the invasive pathwayAlexi Wright
University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Med Genet A 130:354-64. 2004..Furthermore, our data may explain why a significant number of these pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion while others survive to term...
- Haploinsufficiency of the mouse Forkhead Box f1 gene causes defects in gall bladder developmentVladimir V Kalinichenko
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60607 7170, USA
J Biol Chem 277:12369-74. 2002....
- cDNA cloning, chromosomal localization and expression pattern analysis of human LIM-homeobox gene LHX4Yaobo Liu
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, 27 Taiping Road, Beijing 100850, China
Brain Res 928:147-55. 2002..Our results suggest that LHX4 may play a role in the CNS, especially the neocortex and the spinal cord, and provide a basis to investigate potential involvement of the LHX4 gene in human diseases...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor ligands and receptors that regulate human cytotrophoblast survival are dysregulated in severe preeclampsia and hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets syndromeYan Zhou
Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0512, USA
Am J Pathol 160:1405-23. 2002..Together, the results of this study showed that VEGF family members regulate cytotrophoblast survival and that expression of a subset of family members is dysregulated in severe forms of preeclampsia...
- Wild-type levels of the mouse Forkhead Box f1 gene are essential for lung repairVladimir V Kalinichenko
Department of Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607 7170, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L1253-65. 2002..Collectively, our data suggest that sustained expression of Foxf1 is essential for normal lung repair and endothelial cell survival in response to pulmonary cell injury...
- [Cloning and expression of human calcyclin binding protein (hCacyBP) gene]Wei Xia Liu
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 10005, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 34:181-6. 2002..The results of immunohistochemistrial staining showed that the location of CacyBP in BT325 cell line before and after differentiation changed from cytoplasm into nucleus and perinucleus cytoplasm...
- CXCR4 is a major chemokine receptor on glioma cells and mediates their survivalYan Zhou
Departments of Oncology and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:49481-7. 2002..We conclude that glioma cells express a predominant chemokine receptor, CXCR4, and that this functions to regulate survival in part through activating pathways such as Akt...
- [Differentiation of rat bone marrow stromal cells into neuron induced by baicalin]Yanjie Jia
Department of Pediatrics, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 82:1337-41. 2002..To study the possibility that induced marrow stromal cells (MSCs) to neuron in vitro by baicalin, a kind of flavonoid isolated from an important medicinal plant Scutellariae Radix...
- [Calcium-regulated growth and differentiation of the mouse epidermal keratinocytes]Hai Qiang Yu
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, ECUST, Shanghai 200237, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 18:626-9. 2002..8%, respectively. However, the Ca2+ concentrations in the medium above 0.6 mmol/L resulted in significant differentiation and senescence of the keratinocytes, which was found to be harmful for keratinocyte growth and expansion in vitro...
- A recombinant E1-deleted porcine adenovirus-3 as an expression vectorAlexander Zakhartchouk
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Virology 313:377-86. 2003..We demonstrated that PAV219 was able to transduce and direct expression of GFP in some human cell lines...
- Novel single-cell-level phenotypic assay for residual drug susceptibility and reduced replication capacity of drug-resistant human immunodeficiency virus type 1Haili Zhang
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Virol 78:1718-29. 2004..Thus, the ability to simultaneously analyze residual susceptibility and reduced replication capacity of drug-resistant viruses may provide a basis for rational therapeutic decisions in the setting of treatment failure...
- Trophoblast differentiation during embryo implantation and formation of the maternal-fetal interfaceKristy Red-Horse
Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0512, USA
J Clin Invest 114:744-54. 2004..The challenge is to turn this information into clinically useful tests for monitoring placental function and, hence, pregnancy outcome...
- Action of (E)-2'-deoxy-2'-(fluoromethylene)cytidine on DNA metabolism: incorporation, excision, and cellular responseYan Zhou
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Pharmacol 61:222-9. 2002..We conclude that the incorporated FMdC nucleotide profoundly disrupts DNA synthesis and resists excision by exonucleases, and that incorporation of this analog into DNA is a key molecular event responsible for the drug's cytotoxicity...
- Embryonic Stem Cells and Neural Crest PlasticityYan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..