Affiliation: University of California
- Advancement in characterization of genomic alterations for improved diagnosis, treatment and prognostics in cancerXiaofeng Zhou
Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 6:39-50. 2006..Potential solutions that may help overcome these challenges are also offered...
- Salivary transcriptome diagnostics for oral cancer detectionYang Li
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:8442-50. 2004..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the diagnostic value of this new approach by using oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) as the proof-of-principle disease...
- Progress in concurrent analysis of loss of heterozygosity and comparative genomic hybridization utilizing high density single nucleotide polymorphism arraysXiaofeng Zhou
School of Dentistry, Dental Research Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, CA 90095 1668, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 159:53-7. 2005..This review highlights recent progress on concurrent LOH and CGH analyses utilizing high density SNP arrays and their application in cancer research...
- Frequent allelic imbalances at 8p and 11q22 in oral and oropharyngeal epithelial dysplastic lesionsXiaofeng Zhou
Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 161:86-9. 2005..0% of cases, respectively. Our results demonstrate that 8p, 11q22.2 approximately q22.3, and 9p21 are frequent allelic imbalance regions in oral premalignant dysplasia and suggest the presence of tumor suppressor genes in these regions...
- Serum circulating human mRNA profiling and its utility for oral cancer detectionYang Li
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, Division of Head and Neck Surgery Otolaryngology, David Geffen School of Medicine University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1754-60. 2006..Oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) was selected as the proof-of-concept disease...
- Global expression-based classification of lymph node metastasis and extracapsular spread of oral tongue squamous cell carcinomaXiaofeng Zhou
Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1668, USA
Neoplasia 8:925-32. 2006..Leave-one-out cross-validation showed overall accuracy rates of 85% for both pN and ECS prediction models. Our results demonstrated that the pN and the ECS of OTSCCs can be predicted by gene expression analyses of primary tumors...
- Current advances in identification of cancer biomarkers in salivaMartha Arellano
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles CA 90095, USA
Front Biosci (Schol Ed) 1:296-303. 2009..With the new molecular profiling technologies such as microarray and proteomics, we are expecting to reveal highly discriminatory genomic and proteomic targets that can best detect the disease status...
- Discovery of oral fluid biomarkers for human oral cancer by mass spectrometryShen Hu
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 4:55-64. 2007..Once discovered and validated on a large and independent clinical cohort, oral fluid proteomic biomarkers may be extensively used for future disease diagnosis...
- Characterization of salivary RNA by cDNA library analysisNoh Jin Park
UCLA Dental Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Oral Biol 52:30-5. 2007....
- Allelic imbalance analysis of oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma by high-density single nucleotide polymorphism arrays using whole-genome amplified DNAXiaofeng Zhou
Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hum Genet 118:504-7. 2005..Furthermore, our data suggested a frequent loss at 3p11-p12 for advanced stage OTSCC...
- Exon 11 skipping of E-cadherin RNA downregulates its expression in head and neck cancer cellsSanjai Sharma
Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA West Los Angeles VA Medical Center, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Bldg 304, Rm E1 115, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:1751-9. 2011..Our findings reveal that promoter methylation and an upregulated splicing factor (SFRS2) are involved in the E-cadherin missplicing in tumors...
- Interleukin 6 and interleukin 8 as potential biomarkers for oral cavity and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomaMaie A R St John
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:929-35. 2004..These cytokines may contribute to the pathogenesis of this disease, and have been linked with increased tumor growth and metastasis...
- Detection of DNA copy number abnormality by microarray expression analysisXiaofeng Zhou
Laboratory of Head and Neck Cancer Research, Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, University of California at Los Angeles, 90095 1668, USA
Hum Genet 114:464-7. 2004..These data show that microarray detection of differential mRNA expression can be used to identify significant DNA CNAs...
- Concurrent analysis of loss of heterozygosity (LOH) and copy number abnormality (CNA) for oral premalignancy progression using the Affymetrix 10K SNP mapping arrayXiaofeng Zhou
School of Dentistry, Dental Research Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, P O Box 951668 Los Angeles, CA 90095 1668, USA
Hum Genet 115:327-30. 2004..3, 3p14.1-3p13, 11p, 11q14.3-11q22.2, and 11q13.5-11q14.1. These data show that it is feasible to utilize high-density SNP arrays to generate concordant LOH and CNA profiles at high resolution...
- p12(CDK2-AP1) mediates DNA damage responses induced by cisplatinYong Kim
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Oncogene 24:407-18. 2005..These data further suggest p12(CDK2-AP1) is a potential gene therapeutic agent for oral/head and neck cancer in conjunction with DNA-damaging agents such as cisplatin...
- Transcriptomic dissection of tongue squamous cell carcinomaHui Ye
Center for Molecular Biology of Oral Diseases, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
BMC Genomics 9:69. 2008..It is significantly more aggressive than other forms of HNOSCC, in terms of local invasion and spread. In this study, we aim to identify specific transcriptomic signatures that associated with OTSCC...
- Single nucleotide polymorphism mapping array assayXiaofeng Zhou
Methods Mol Biol 396:295-314. 2007..In this chapter, we will provide a detailed experimental protocol of Affymetrix GeneChip SNP Mapping Array-based whole genome SNP genotyping assay...
- Dimension reduction and mixed-effects model for microarray meta-analysis of cancerTianwei Yu
Department of Biostatistics, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Front Biosci 13:2714-20. 2008..A mixed-effects model was applied to identify differentially expressed genes from the merged array data...
- DNA copy number abnormality of oral squamous cell carcinoma detected with cDNA array-based comparative genomic hybridizationXiaofeng Zhou
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 151:90-2. 2004
- Genomic assessments of the frequent loss of heterozygosity region on 8p21.3-p22 in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaHui Ye
Center for Molecular Biology of Oral Diseases, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, MC860, 801 South Paulina Street, Room 530C, Chicago, IL 60612 7213, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 176:100-6. 2007..Thus, our results suggest that MTUS1 is one of the candidate tumor suppressor genes for HNSCC residing at 8p21.3 approximately p22. The identification of these candidate genes will facilitate the understanding of tumorigenesis of HNSCC...
- A forward-backward fragment assembling algorithm for the identification of genomic amplification and deletion breakpoints using high-density single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) arrayTianwei Yu
Department of Biostatistics, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:145. 2007..To accurately identify small segments of CNA from SNP array data, segmentation methods that are sensitive to CNA while resistant to noise are required...
- Mutations in ABO1/ELO2, a subunit of holo-Elongator, increase abscisic acid sensitivity and drought tolerance in Arabidopsis thalianaZhizhong Chen
State Key Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biol 26:6902-12. 2006..Our results uncover crucial roles for ABO1/ELO2 in modulating ABA and drought responses in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Baseline heart rate-corrected QT and eligibility for clinical trials in oncologyMary Varterasian
J Clin Oncol 21:3378-9. 2003