Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Classification tree for detection of single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP)-by-SNP interactions related to heart disease: Framingham Heart StudyLi Yao
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1300 Linden Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
BMC Proc 3:S83. 2009..23%). Compared to class 16, all other classes except for class 288 (prevalence of 1.2%) had a significantly greater risk when analyzed using GEE model. This suggests the interactions of SNPs on these node paths are significant...
- Obesity and depression symptoms in the Beaver Dam Offspring Study populationWenjun Zhong
Population HealthSciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Depress Anxiety 27:846-51. 2010..Depression and obesity are both important public health problems. However, it is not clear whether obesity contributes to depression. Our study aims to evaluate the association between obesity and possible depression...
- Carotid atherosclerosis and cognitive function in midlife: the Beaver Dam Offspring StudyWenjun Zhong
University of Wisconsin Madison, 1036 WARF, 610 Walnut Street, Madison, WI 53726, USA
Atherosclerosis 219:330-3. 2011..Atherosclerosis may be associated with cognitive function; however the studies are few, especially among midlife adults...
- Pulse wave velocity and cognitive function in older adultsWenjun Zhong
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 28:44-9. 2014..No associations were found between CR-PWV and cognitive performance measures. Higher large artery stiffness was associated with worse cognitive function, and longitudinal studies are needed to confirm these associations. ..
- Odor identification and cognitive function in the Beaver Dam Offspring StudyCarla R Schubert
a Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 35:669-76. 2013..Similar results were found for the TMT-A and TMT-B, but not the GPB, in the whole cohort. Olfactory impairment was associated with poorer performance on cognitive function tests in a primarily middle-aged cohort. ..
- Carotid atherosclerosis and 10-year changes in cognitive functionWenjun Zhong
University of Wisconsin Madison, 1036 WARF, 610 Walnut Street, WI 53726, USA
Atherosclerosis 224:506-10. 2012..Carotid atherosclerosis has been suggested to be involved in cognitive decline...