Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Pathogen-Responsive MPK3 and MPK6 Reprogram the Biosynthesis of Indole Glucosinolates and Their Derivatives in Arabidopsis ImmunityJuan Xu
Key Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, China
Plant Cell 28:1144-62. 2016..Here, we report that MPK3/MPK6 and their substrate ERF6 promote the biosynthesis of IGSs and the conversion of I3G to 4MI3G, a target of PEN2/PEN3-dependent chemical defenses in plant immunity. ..
- Dual-level regulation of ACC synthase activity by MPK3/MPK6 cascade and its downstream WRKY transcription factor during ethylene induction in ArabidopsisGuojing Li
College of Life Sciences, Inner Mongolia Agricultural University, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China
PLoS Genet 8:e1002767. 2012..Regulation of ACS activity by MPK3/MPK6 at both transcriptional and protein stability levels plays a key role in determining the kinetics and magnitude of ethylene induction...
- MAPK cascades in plant disease resistance signalingXiangzong Meng
Division of Biochemistry, Interdisciplinary Plant Group, Bond Life Sciences Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Annu Rev Phytopathol 51:245-66. 2013..Pathogens, however, employ effectors to suppress plant MAPK activation and downstream defense responses to promote pathogenesis. ..
- Activation of salicylic acid-induced protein kinase, a mitogen-activated protein kinase, induces multiple defense responses in tobaccoS Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, 117 Schweitzer Hall, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Plant Cell 13:1877-89. 2001..This gain-of-function study provided more direct evidence for its role in the signaling of multiple defense responses in tobacco...
- MAPK cascades in plant defense signalingS Zhang
Dept Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, 117 Schweitzer Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Trends Plant Sci 6:520-7. 2001..By contrast, loss-of-function studies of other MAPK pathways revealed negative regulation of disease resistance. This 'push-and-pull' regulation by different MAPK pathways might provide a more precise control of plant defense responses...
- Activation of a mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway is involved in disease resistance in tobaccoK Y Yang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, 117 Schweitzer Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:741-6. 2001..These results demonstrate that a plant MAPK cascade controls multiple defense responses against pathogen invasion...