Edith T Zemanick
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Reliability of quantitative real-time PCR for bacterial detection in cystic fibrosis airway specimensEdith T Zemanick
Department of Pediatrics, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e15101. 2010..influenzae from CF airway samples. By reliably quantifying fastidious airway bacteria, qPCR may improve our understanding of polymicrobial CF lung infections, progression of lung disease and ultimately improve antimicrobial treatments...
- The airway microbiome in cystic fibrosis and implications for treatmentEdith T Zemanick
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 23:319-24. 2011..Recent studies using culture-independent molecular techniques and anaerobic cultures have broadened our view of CF airway bacterial communities...
- Measuring and improving respiratory outcomes in cystic fibrosis lung disease: opportunities and challenges to therapyEdith T Zemanick
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, 13123 E 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Cyst Fibros 9:1-16. 2010..This review highlights emerging treatments, obstacles to optimizing outcomes, and key future directions for research...
- Pulmonary exacerbations in cystic fibrosis with negative bacterial culturesEdith T Zemanick
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 45:569-77. 2010..Exacerbations are often associated with characteristic airway bacteria [CF related bacteria (CFRB)]. However, some patients do not have CFRB detected by culture during exacerbations...
- Inflammation and airway microbiota during cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbationsEdith T Zemanick
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e62917. 2013..Molecular microbiologic approaches detect complex microbiota from CF airway samples taken during PEx. The relationship between airway microbiota, inflammation, and lung function during CF PEx is not well understood...
- Assessment of airway microbiota and inflammation in cystic fibrosis using multiple sampling methodsEdith T Zemanick
1 Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado
Ann Am Thorac Soc 12:221-9. 2015..However, the optimal noninvasive sampling approach for microbiota analyses and the clinical relevance of microbiota, particularly its relationship to airway inflammation, is not well characterized...
- Airway Microbiota in Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid from Clinically Well Infants with Cystic FibrosisTheresa A Laguna
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota School of Medicine and the Masonic Children s Hospital, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0167649. 2016....
- Sputum biomarkers of inflammation and lung function decline in children with cystic fibrosisScott D Sagel
Children s Hospital Colorado, 13123 E 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 186:857-65. 2012..Progressive lung function decline is a defining feature of cystic fibrosis (CF). Because airway inflammation plays a central role in CF lung disease, inflammatory biomarkers that can be used to monitor disease activity would be valuable...
- Sputum induction improves detection of pathogens in children with cystic fibrosisJordana E Hoppe
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Colorado and the University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado
Pediatr Pulmonol 50:638-46. 2015....
- Molecular Identification of Staphylococcus aureus in Airway Samples from Children with Cystic FibrosisEmily J Johnson
University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0147643. 2016..We sought to determine if quantitative PCR (qPCR) and 16S rRNA gene sequencing could provide a rapid, culture-independent approach to the identification of S. aureus airway infections...
- Cystic fibrosis: a model system for precision medicineStacey L Martiniano
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 28:312-7. 2016..This review highlights recent progress in CF therapeutics as an example of precision medicine and personalized approaches to test CFTR modulators using preclinical model systems...
- Advances in the diagnosis and treatment of cystic fibrosisStacey L Martiniano
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado Denver, 13123 East 16th Avenue, B 395, Aurora, CO 80045, USA Electronic address
Adv Pediatr 61:225-43. 2014..Best practice is directed by consensus clinical care guidelines from the CFF and is provided with a multidisciplinary approach by the team at the CF care center and the primary care office...