J C Zachos
Affiliation: University of California
- A transient rise in tropical sea surface temperature during the Paleocene-Eocene thermal maximumJames C Zachos
Earth and Ocean Sciences Departments, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Science 302:1551-4. 2003..These results would necessitate a rise in atmospheric pCO2 to levels three to four times as high as those estimated for the late Paleocene...
- Climate response to orbital forcing across the Oligocene-Miocene boundaryJ C Zachos
Earth Sciences Department, Center for Dynamics and Evolution of the Land Sea Interface, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Science 292:274-8. 2001..The anomaly, which consists of low-amplitude variance in obliquity (a node) and a minimum in eccentricity, results in an extended period ( approximately 200 ky) of low seasonality orbits favorable to ice-sheet expansion on Antarctica...
- Trends, rhythms, and aberrations in global climate 65 Ma to presentJ Zachos
Earth Sciences Department, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Science 292:686-93. 2001..We also consider how this improved perspective has led to the recognition of previously unforeseen mechanisms for altering climate...
- An early Cenozoic perspective on greenhouse warming and carbon-cycle dynamicsJames C Zachos
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, University of California at Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California 95060, USA
Nature 451:279-83. 2008
- A humid climate state during the Palaeocene/Eocene thermal maximumGabriel J Bowen
Earth Sciences Department, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Nature 432:495-9. 2004..A more humid atmosphere helps to explain PETM temperatures, but the ultimate mechanisms underlying the shift remain unknown...
- Palaeoclimatology: tropical temperatures in greenhouse episodesJames C Zachos
Department of Earth Sciences, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Nature 419:897-8; discussion 898. 2002
- The Palaeocene-Eocene carbon isotope excursion: constraints from individual shell planktonic foraminifer recordsJames C Zachos
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci 365:1829-42. 2007....
- Environmental precursors to rapid light carbon injection at the Palaeocene/Eocene boundaryAppy Sluijs
Palaeoecology, Institute of Environmental Biology, Utrecht University, Laboratory of Palaeobotany and Palynology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nature 450:1218-21. 2007....
- Marked decline in atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations during the PaleogeneMark Pagani
Department of Geology and Geophysics, Yale University, 210 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Science 309:600-3. 2005..The fall in pCO2 likely allowed for a critical expansion of ice sheets on Antarctica and promoted conditions that forced the onset of terrestrial C4 photosynthesis...
- Oceans. Carbon emissions and acidificationRichard E Zeebe
Department of Oceanography, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Science 321:51-2. 2008