Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- A Phase 3 placebo-controlled, double-blind, multi-site trial of the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist, lofexidine, for opioid withdrawalElmer Yu
University of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia VAMC 116, University and Woodland Avenues, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 97:158-68. 2008..Lofexidine has been reported to have more significant effects on decreasing opioid withdrawal symptoms with less hypotension than clonidine...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of lofexidine, the alpha 2-adrenergic receptor agonist, in opiate addicts plasma using a highly sensitive liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometric analysisElmer Yu
University of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 34:611-6. 2008..Lofexidine is an orally bioavailable alpha 2-adrenergic receptor agonist analogue of clonidine that acts centrally to suppress opiate withdrawal symptoms...
- Nicotine intervention during detoxification and treatment for other substance usePeter Gariti
Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 28:671-9. 2002..The groups did not differ on abstinence from nonnicotine addictive substances. Smoking cessation treatment in substance users undergoing detoxification resulted in little or no smoking cessation advantage...
- Modafinil and cocaine: a double-blind, placebo-controlled drug interaction studyCharles A Dackis
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3900 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 70:29-37. 2003..Furthermore, pretreatment with modafinil did not intensify cocaine euphoria or cocaine-induced craving. In fact, cocaine euphoria was significantly blunted (P=0.02) in one of our subjective measures...
- Long-acting injectable versus oral naltrexone maintenance therapy with psychosocial intervention for heroin dependence: a quasi-experimentAdam C Brooks
Treatment Research Institute, 600 Public Ledger Bldg, 150 S Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:1371-8. 2010..To conduct a quasi-experimental comparison of early clinical outcomes between injectable, sustained-release, depot naltrexone formulation versus oral naltrexone maintenance therapy in individuals with opiate dependence...