Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Insulin resistance in non-obese subjects is associated with activation of the JNK pathway and impaired insulin signaling in skeletal muscleUmesh B Masharani
Department of Medicine, Diabetes Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19878. 2011..These stress kinases are activated through various mechanisms related to lipid oversupply locally in insulin target tissues and in various adipose depots...
- Chromium supplementation in non-obese non-diabetic subjects is associated with a decline in insulin sensitivityUmesh Masharani
Department of Medicine, Diabetes Center, University of California San Francisco, 400 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94143 1222, USA
BMC Endocr Disord 12:31. 2012..abstract:..
- Regulation of insulin receptor functionJ F Youngren
Mount Zion Medical Center, Diabetes and Endocrine Research, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1616, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:873-91. 2007..The impact of these processes on the conformational changes and phosphorylation events required for full signaling activity, as well as the role of these mechanisms in human disease, is reviewed in this article...
- Small molecule insulin receptor activators potentiate insulin action in insulin-resistant cellsM Li
University of California at San Francisco, Mount Zion Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94143-1616, USA
Diabetes 50:2323-8. 2001..In summary, these two classes of IR activators selectively increased IR function in a variety of insulin-resistant cell lines...
- Muscle insulin receptor concentrations in obese patients post bariatric surgery: relationship to hyperinsulinemiaC Pender
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes and Endocrine Research, Mount Zion Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:363-9. 2004..Obesity results in insulin resistance. Bariatric surgery for obese individuals induces weight loss, improves insulin sensitivity, and lowers insulin levels. We investigated the mechanisms of this improvement...
- DAUs as IGF-1 Receptor Inhibitors in Breast CancerJack F Youngren; Fiscal Year: 2010..other kinases, and characterize the biological effects of altering the specificity of DAUs for the IGF-1 R. Together these studies will result in the production of well-characterized DAU-based compounds for anti-cancer drug development. ..