Heather M Young
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Attitudes toward community-based services among Japanese American familiesHeather M Young
de Tornyay Center for Healthy Aging, Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, Box 357266, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7266, USA
Gerontologist 42:814-25. 2002..This descriptive study explored attitudes toward community-based long-term care services and factors influencing service utilization among Japanese American families...
- Challenges and solutions for care of frail older adultsHeather M Young
University of Washington School of Nursing, USA
Online J Issues Nurs 8:5. 2003..Nurses have the potential to improve elder health across settings through clinical practice, education, leadership, and research...
- Healthy aging for older womenHeather M Young
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 1250 Siskiyou Boulevard, Ashland, OR 97520, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 39:131-43. 2004..Research and evaluation of approaches to promote health among these subgroups is an important next step in understanding and influencing the health of older women...
- Evolving values in community-based long-term care services for Japanese AmericansHeather M Young
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 25:40-56. 2002....
- Does caring for a spouse with dementia promote cognitive decline? A hypothesis and proposed mechanismsPeter P Vitaliano
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:900-8. 2011..To discuss why spouse caregivers (CGs) of people with dementia may be at higher risk for cognitive problems and decline than demographically similar people not caring for a spouse with dementia (noncaregivers; NCGs)...
- Quality of medication records and use of pharmacy resources in community residential care facilitiesShelly L Gray
Geriatric Pharmacy Program, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7630, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:894-9. 2006..Medication management is one of the top 3 quality-of-care issues facing these facilities...
- Depressed mood mediates decline in cognitive processing speed in caregiversPeter P Vitaliano
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6560, USA
Gerontologist 49:12-22. 2009....
- Types, prevalence, and potential clinical significance of medication administration errors in assisted livingHeather M Young
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University Ashland, Oregon 97520, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1199-205. 2008..To describe the types and potential clinical significance of medication administration errors in assisted living (AL)...
- Rural mothers' experiences and perceptions of their role in pregnancy prevention for their adolescent daughtersJoanne Noone
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, Ashland, OR, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 39:27-36. 2010..To explore rural mothers' experiences and perceptions of their role in talking with daughters about pregnancy prevention...
- Linking theory and gerontological nursing practice in senior housingHeather M Young
John A Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence Oregon Health and Science University School of Nursing, Ashland, Oregon, USA
Geriatr Nurs 27:346-54. 2006..The models and their application to practice are described, with examples at the individual, group, and community levels. Implications and future directions are identified for the use of such models in gerontological nursing practice...
- Influencing health policy for older adults: initiatives by the John A. Hartford Centers of Geriatric Nursing ExcellenceCharlene Harrington
Nursing and Health Policy, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Nurs Outlook 54:236-42. 2006
- Similarities and differences in attitudes toward long-term care between Japanese Americans and Caucasian AmericansWayne C McCormick
Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, 325 9th Avenue, Mail Stop 359755, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1149-55. 2002....
- A pilot evaluation of the Family Caregiver Support ProgramYa Mei Chen
School of Nursing, Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Eval Program Plann 33:113-9. 2010..In addition, the evaluation method demonstrated in the study provided a simple and moderately effective method for service agencies which would like to evaluate their family caregiver support services...
- Beliefs about physical activity--focus group results of Chinese community elderly in Seattle and TaipeiYen Chun Lin
School of Nursing, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Geriatr Nurs 28:236-44. 2007..The factors influencing Chinese older adults' physical activity and behaviors both in Seattle and in Taipei are discussed...
- Decision making at end of life among Japanese American familiesYoshiko Yamashita Colclough
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717 3560, USA
J Fam Nurs 13:201-25. 2007....
- A telephone-only motivational intervention to increase physical activity in rural adults: a randomized controlled trialJill A Bennett
School of Nursing, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Nurs Res 57:24-32. 2008..Both urban and rural adults are likely to be inactive, but rural adults have less access to exercise classes or facilities to increase physical activity...
- Disturbances of colonic motility in mouse models of Hirschsprung's diseaseRachael R Roberts
Dept of Physiology, Univ of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G996-G1008. 2008..Thus impairments in spontaneous motility patterns in the colon of Gdnf(+/-) mice and in the ganglionic region of ET-3(-/-) mice are correlated with a reduction in myenteric neuron density...
- Leadership development in the John A. Hartford Foundation Centers of Geriatric Nursing ExcellenceClaudia J Beverly
Arkansas Health Centers of Geriatric Nursing Excellence, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Nurs Outlook 54:231-5. 2006
- Extending influence in gerontological nursing through partnerships: experiences from the John A. Hartford Foundation Centers of Geriatric Nursing ExcellenceHeather M Young
School of Nursing at Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Nurs Outlook 54:204-11. 2006