Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Battling AIDS in America: an evaluation of the National HIV/AIDS StrategyBaligh Yehia
Division of Infectious Disease, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Am J Public Health 101:e4-8. 2011..With ambitious five-year targets set for each goal, the NHAS requires significant fiscal investment to achieve its desired impact on the domestic HIV epidemic...
- Health Outcomes of HIV-Infected People with Mental IllnessBaligh R Yehia
Department of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 1021 Blockley Hall, 423 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
AIDS Behav 19:1491-500. 2015..9 vs. 74.4 %; AOR 0.64, 95 % CI 0.46-0.90). These findings argue for the need to optimize ART adherence in this population. ..
- Barriers and facilitators to patient retention in HIV careBaligh R Yehia
Department of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
BMC Infect Dis 15:246. 2015..Multiple quantitative studies have described demographic and clinical characteristics associated with retention in HIV care. However, qualitative studies are needed to better understand barriers and facilitators...
- Mentorship and pursuit of academic medicine careers: a mixed methods study of residents from diverse backgroundsBaligh R Yehia
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
BMC Med Educ 14:26. 2014..The objective of this study was to assess the influence of mentoring on academic medicine career choice among a cohort of racially and ethnically diverse residents...
- Conformity of pediatric/adolescent HIV clinics to the patient-centered medical home care modelBaligh R Yehia
Department of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 27:272-9. 2013..Areas for improvement include access to care, comprehensive care, and health information technology. Future studies are warranted to determine whether greater clinic PCMH conformity improves clinical outcomes and cost savings for YLH...
- Antiretroviral medication errors remain high but are quickly corrected among hospitalized HIV-infected adultsBaligh R Yehia
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Clin Infect Dis 55:593-9. 2012..Prior research suggests that ART medication errors are on the rise in US hospitals. This analysis provides a current estimate of inpatient antiretroviral prescribing errors...
- Comparing different measures of retention in outpatient HIV careBaligh R Yehia
Department of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
AIDS 26:1131-9. 2012..There is no gold standard to measure retention in care. This study is the first to compare different measures of retention, using a large geographically diverse sample...
- Impact of transitioning from HIV clinical trials to routine medical care on clinical outcomes and patient perceptionsBaligh R Yehia
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
AIDS Care 24:769-77. 2012..Patients without a healthy fear of transitioning from ART-RCTs to routine care may be at increased risk of viral failure. Focus should be given to assisting patients during this transition...
- Incidence of and risk factors for bacteraemia in HIV-infected adults in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyB R Yehia
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
HIV Med 12:535-43. 2011..Few data exist on the incidence of and risk factors for bacteraemia across time in the current era of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...